• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alright Pilgrims…..get up, dust off your chaps and show us your Western Pulps!
1 1

26 posts in this topic

I'm thinking maybe The Lone Ranger, Spicy Western, Ace High, early Frontier, early Action, maybe any of the funky short run titles from the late 20s.  There's some pulp collectors totally into Westerns that will pay top dollar for the scarce early ones that never come around.  I tend to like the stories more than some other genres but some of the covers in the later pulp era are pretty repetitive (lots and lots of yellow covers).  The price is right, though.  It's one of the few areas where you can still find a nice little lot of beater to midgrade books for ten or twenty bucks or buy one with a big author without emptying the saddlebag...

An interesting pulp auction at Heritage today with westerns and romances.  This result had to be a little surprising in spite of the never-ending love of skeletons and skulls.

Book description:
Wild West Weekly - October 14th, 1933 (Street & Smith) Condition: VG-. Classic skull cover by Walter M. Baumhofer. Piece out of cover, tape repairs, and spine tears. Bookery's Guide to Pulps Second Edition VG value = $10.
From the Jack and Joanie Kump Pulp Collection. Comes with COA from Heritage Auctions.

Result:
Screenshot(133).thumb.png.87778aa8f2ccbe09da6976ca74aed500.png

also a strong showing for a Lariat we were showing around here:

Screenshot(134).thumb.png.6ce0360077dc0ac412a7e760e4d86672.png

The Lone Ranger did well, somebody might have picked up the full run of those.

I didn't tag any of the romance/girlies I was after, but what else is new :ohnoez:

Hard to know what to make out of some of the results, especially with the romances...

Edited by Darwination