• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just rented FF movie

137 posts in this topic

Bought the DVD last night and I actually liked it. They had to get a lot of storyline out of the way so there could have been more action but the actors were perfectly casted. I recently saw Batman and after listening to all the hype I just don't see what the big deal was with this movie. I lost interest about two thirds of the way through. It started out okay but generally speaking I thought it was terrible.

That's cause you have bad taste. Batman has better dialoge (you can't recognize it when you hear it) better acting and actors,better pacing,better story telling,and better director.Maybe one day you'll be able to tell the differance between a well done movie and a bad one. makepoint.gif

First off your an insufficiently_thoughtful_person if your going to direct personal comments like that towards me. I could watch the FF movie a second time but I wouldn't even entertain the thought with the Batman movie so that is justification enough for me. How many times could you sit through and watch it? makepoint.gif

I disagree with your notion that the story and acting was better. What was up with Batman's voice, was he trying to sound dark and mysterious because he didn't pull it off too well. Ooh the Scarecrow is going to put a potato sack on his face and fart pixy dust in my face. sleeping.gif

You liked X-Men 1 better than 2?

They were both good, but yes I did like 1 better. It was the first. laugh.gif

Wow. I think that's the first time I have heard that.

I think I did also, altho they are close. The Mystique-Wolverine fight in X-Men was really well done.

remember, you can "like" a movie, and it still be "bad."

and Daredevil was...okay, but calling it the best superhero movie out there is a stretch i doubt even Reed Richards could pull off

27_laughing.gif Agreed.

I like Zoolander so take everything I say with a grain of salt. insane.gif

zoolander? That's the defintion of BAD. But sometimes, a film is so bad, it's good.

remember, you can "like" a movie, and it still be "bad."

and Daredevil was...okay, but calling it the best superhero movie out there is a stretch i doubt even Reed Richards could pull off

27_laughing.gif Agreed.

I like Zoolander so take everything I say with a grain of salt. insane.gif

*** You are ignoring this poster on account of his terrible taste in movies ***

sign-funnypost.gif

Bought the DVD last night and I actually liked it. They had to get a lot of storyline out of the way so there could have been more action but the actors were perfectly casted. I recently saw Batman and after listening to all the hype I just don't see what the big deal was with this movie. I lost interest about two thirds of the way through. It started out okay but generally speaking I thought it was terrible.

That's cause you have bad taste. Batman has better dialoge (you can't recognize it when you hear it) better acting and actors,better pacing,better story telling,and better director.Maybe one day you'll be able to tell the differance between a well done movie and a bad one. makepoint.gif

yeahok.gif I bow to your superior intellect. hail.gif

Ooh the Scarecrow is going to put a potato sack on his face and fart pixy dust in my face. sleeping.gif
Uhh... I disagree, but still, that is the funniest thing I've read all day. 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

Ooh the Scarecrow is going to put a potato sack on his face and fart pixy dust in my face. sleeping.gif
Uhh... I disagree, but still, that is the funniest thing I've read all day. 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

Ditto. 27_laughing.gif

yay.gif

The things that bothered me about Batman Begins:

(1) the whole general missile idea - I felt I saw enough of that in James Bond movies

(2) the runaway train - it was done well in Spider Man (2?) and Incredibles

(3) when the people turned into zombies - I have seen this too many times in Zombies movies, I didn't think I would see it in a Superhero film

(4) Batmobile - ok, I'm comparing it to the Burton film, but Burton's batmobile was way cooler! The one used in BB looked like a trumped up Hummer.

I actually liked the Scarecrow. I thought some of his scenes were the best in the picture. In some ways, I wish he were the main villian in the movie.

BTW Jason wore a potato sack in Friday The 13th Part 2 and Part of Part 3. So I think a potato sack CAN be scary.

They were both good, but yes I did like 1 better. It was the first. laugh.gif

Wow. I think that's the first time I have heard that.

Well, I also liked the first one better because it contained an actual plot, with a story that encompassed the entire movie. The sequel did not, and was just a set of flashy action sequences.

All the comic book movies have been excellent so far. Plus, they make buying comics as investments an even better choice.

Loc: Shyster City, Sweetheart 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Is Shyster a nice place to live?