• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's: The Dark Knight Returns
1 1

13 posts in this topic

So Zack Snyder is making headlines about his chit chat with James Gunn, and how we wished him all the best, but did hint at the idea of coming back on one condition: 

image.thumb.png.6b7c05cf4d56c7628192b995cc15903e.png

I think this needs to happen.
I know there are a lot of Zack Snyder fans out there, and love/hate his works on Superman, BvS... Watchmen... I think we can all agree on one thing:

When Zack Snyder directly adapts previously completed and successful work: 300, it's a literal masterpiece.

I don't know how many people read 300 before watching Synder's 300, but it was literally a page by page turn, and he literally made it come to life.

I think for those who truly love The Dark Knight Returns, and would love to see a live action version on screen... this is the man to do it.

On 11/29/2023 at 12:30 PM, D2 said:

So Zack Snyder is making headlines about his chit chat with James Gunn, and how we wished him all the best, but did hint at the idea of coming back on one condition: 

I know there are a lot of Zack Snyder fans out there, and love/hate his works on Superman, BvS... Watchmen... I think we can all agree on one thing:

When Zack Snyder directly adapts previously completed and successful work: 300, it's a literal masterpiece.

I don't know how many people read 300 before watching Synder's 300, but it was literally a page by page turn, and he literally made it come to life.

I think for those who truly love The Dark Knight Returns, and would love to see a live action version on screen... this is the man to do it.

Yep.

This needs to be done. 

On 11/29/2023 at 11:30 AM, D2 said:

I read Steven Pressfield's the "Gate of Fire" book first but 300 was freaking awesome when it came out both the books and the movie.

On 12/4/2023 at 1:22 PM, musicmeta said:

I read Steven Pressfield's the "Gate of Fire" book first but 300 was freaking awesome when it came out both the books and the movie.

Gate of fire!! How do I not know about this. How close of a comparison is it to 300?

I feel so under read and under cultured lol 

On 12/4/2023 at 4:21 PM, D2 said:

Gate of fire!! How do I not know about this. How close of a comparison is it to 300?

I feel so under read and under cultured lol 

It's an extremely great read.  It's not a book not written like a comic book.  It's about like 300 but does not have the Immortals looking like creatures.  It's more rooted in history but still a fictional novel.  I've read a few more books by Steven Pressfield.  Only the "Tides of War" was terrible. 

P0aa9vz.jpg

On 12/4/2023 at 5:44 PM, musicmeta said:

It's an extremely great read.  It's not a book not written like a comic book.  It's about like 300 but does not have the Immortals looking like creatures.  It's more rooted in history but still a fictional novel.  I've read a few more books by Steven Pressfield.  Only the "Tides of War" was terrible. 

P0aa9vz.jpg

I will absolutely read this. I liked 300 but compared to the movie, it was super short. This looks exciting 

On 12/7/2023 at 4:38 AM, kimik said:

I would add one condition - if he wants DKR, then he has to do Kingdom Come as well. I would love to see that on the big screen.

And a proper Golden Age JSA film. Just cos. Maybe The Golden Age? 

Edited by Cat

On 12/6/2023 at 11:38 AM, kimik said:

I would add one condition - if he wants DKR, then he has to do Kingdom Come as well. I would love to see that on the big screen.

Oh man, how cool would that be? I'd even take Kingdom Come 10 years from now just to have all the actors age out of the genre for an accurate portrayal.