• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Packaging Comics to Submit For Grading
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I'm new to submitting comics for grading and was wondering if we have to use the CGC Packaging Kits? I want to use them but they have been sold out and on back order for a long time. Any ideas for when these will be available to purchase?

And if we can package them without the kits, are there any specific tips outside of what is already mentioned in the guide?

Thank you

Edited by CorndogBurglar

• Administrator

Great question! You do not need to use these kits to ship us collectibles. These are another resource that we make available to customers but it is not at all mandatory. As for when these will be back in stock, we restock them as often as we can get new materials in stock for them. Unfortunately, we have had distributor issues over the last year making it a little difficult to keep these in stock. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

As for any tips, I am sure a number of our other customers will have some tips for you and reply to this board, but what we have in the guide is how we recommend packing collectibles to ship to us. I hope that helps! 

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

On 11/30/2023 at 10:12 AM, CorndogBurglar said:

I'm new to submitting comics for grading and was wondering if we have to use the CGC Packaging Kits? I want to use them but they have been sold out and on back order for a long time. Any ideas for when these will be available to purchase?

And if we can package them without the kits, are there any specific tips outside of what is already mentioned in the guide?

Thank you

Welcome! I've always shipped books to CGC packed within a sturdy cardboard sandwich, then placed inside a USPS Priority Mail box with some kind of bubble wrap or padding around. I've also shipped thousands (oh yes!) of similar packages to boardies and ebayers over the years. Never had any problems with this method.