• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM, is it a good price?
1 1

56 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2023 at 6:23 PM, shadroch said:

Six months ago, I was putting in twenty-one-cent bids on almost  Marvel lot I'd come across.   I was winning too many so now I'm at eleven cents a book, and am winning enough to keep bidding.  

Thanks i will try a new methode to get the books that i wantlol

On 12/1/2023 at 3:08 PM, mlovest said:

Yep...  I know there are some out there trying to build CGC 9.8 W sets of later ASMs.  Just too much space to store them all.  And of course, the time and expense to get them submitted.  That said, I have submitted some books specifically because it's so hard to sell them unless they are graded.  If I tell someone a comic is 9.6 and ask for $30, someone might offer $10-15.  If I pay $40 to get it graded and shipped to MyComics, someone might pay $65.  So, I can make $25 versus $10-15.  The math doesn't add when it's a lower dollar books, obviously...

Yeah agreed. The same goes for me in regards to space lol

I'm working on a 200 or so to 328 cgc 9.8 run atm and if I get that done in the next few years I'll start backtracking downwards from 200 and probably figure out where I'm going to go into the 9.6s as some of them are kinda pricey in the 100-200 range. I might just focus on keys and get into the 100-200 later on too as at least Silver age looks to be holding up some semblance of balance price wise with the decline of the market overall.

Edited by AbsoluteCarnage

On 12/1/2023 at 12:31 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Yeah agreed. The same goes for me in regards to space lol

I'm working on a 200 or so to 328 cgc 9.8 run atm and if I get that done in the next few years I'll start backtracking downwards from 200 and probably figure out where I'm going to go into the 9.6s as some of them are kinda pricey in the 100-200 range. I might just focus on keys and get into the 100-200 later on too as at least Silver age looks to be holding up some semblance of balance price wise with the decline of the market overall.

Sounds good.  I sort of worked myself into building a raw NM run through 700, to include most of the variants.  I was getting raws for the common books, and getting CGC'd for the keys and lower numbers (especially below 100).  I had an "amazing" collection by my standards.  Not so by some of the BSDs on here.  :blush:  It was easy to sell the CGC ASMs from 10 on up.  Seems like the market has been cooling...  Hard to resist the lower ASMs...

Edited by mlovest

On 12/1/2023 at 11:01 PM, Point Five said:

Lot of crossover appeal with that issue.

giphy.gif.abc61276b6af52274eb5072998017f48.gif

I never heard about cletus or something...

On 12/1/2023 at 4:47 PM, BA773 said:

I never heard about cletus or something...

It was the humanoid that became infected with Carnage. 1st app in asm 344, pertinent to the discussion of run issues, similarly to the 1st app of Eddie Brock who is the venom host and etc.

As for the "or something" you're on your own lol

So i made a test to see exactly how many books i can collect with a limit of 3 dollar each on the shop of my friend, i arrive at a total of 133 issue for 398 dollars. So now please guys stop to think that you got some treasure for your retirement... 

And i have to specify that my friend doesnt have the entire run, so there is probably hundreds of books that you can find in the same range of price everywhere. And i fixed a limit of 3 dollars but if i up to 5 it will be probably a tons of other avalaible.

If someone is interest to buy a crazy bundle of drek to my friend, pm me i send you the link of his website, he also have a tons of keys of the series and more than 20 000 books avalaible on his shop, unfortunately he s from UK so if you are from US you will pay near than 100 dollars of delivery if you take a large bundle of books, but when i see that people here are ready to spend 10 an issue i think its there a marginlol

On 12/2/2023 at 1:52 PM, BA773 said:

So i made a test to see exactly how many books i can collect with a limit of 3 dollar each on the shop of my friend, i arrive at a total of 133 issue for 398 dollars. So now please guys stop to think that you got some treasure for your retirement... 

And i have to specify that my friend doesnt have the entire run, so there is probably hundreds of books that you can find in the same range of price everywhere. And i fixed a limit of 3 dollars but if i up to 5 it will be probably a tons of other avalaible.

If someone is interest to buy a crazy bundle of drek to my friend, pm me i send you the link of his website, he also have a tons of keys of the series and more than 20 000 books avalaible on his shop, unfortunately he s from UK so if you are from US you will pay near than 100 dollars of delivery if you take a large bundle of books, but when i see that people here are ready to spend 10 an issue i think its there a marginlol

Maybe you @lostboys lol

On 12/1/2023 at 5:28 AM, BA773 said:

Im a DC hard fan but if there is a charachter that i always loved and think to start a run one day is well Spidey. 

My question is will you pay a price of 3 dollars by issue for a great quantity of books (probably around 200) between 350 to 700 containing absolutely no key?  

For exemple i already paid this kind of ammount for lot of books but it was always some lots who contain at least several keys, for exemple i remember bought a lot of 60 batman between 400 to 500 for 3 by issue but it was the death in the family include.

But spidey seems so hot, no hesitation is the more valuable charachter on the market. So i think it can be worth it to pay this kind of ammount even if there is no keys include. What do you think? Are the major part of these books are in the dollar box in USA? 

(Books are VF/NM)

Did you and the seller come to terms on the definition of a ‘key’ book for this abbreviated run?

I mean, aside from ASM 361, there are numerous books that sell for more than surrounding issues

365, 374, 375, 400, 410, 416, 430, 431, 5, 20, 529, 544, 545, 550, 565, 568, etc.

not to mention the J Scott Campbell covers, the numerous variants, anniversary issues, etc.

Depending on your response, $3 per book may be a worthwhile purchase 

On 12/2/2023 at 3:49 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Did you and the seller come to terms on the definition of a ‘key’ book for this abbreviated run?

I mean, aside from ASM 361, there are numerous books that sell for more than surrounding issues

365, 374, 375, 400, 410, 416, 430, 431, 5, 20, 529, 544, 545, 550, 565, 568, etc.

not to mention the J Scott Campbell covers, the numerous variants, anniversary issues, etc.

Depending on your response, $3 per book may be a worthwhile purchase 

The definition is mine, my friend have an online shop, i just have put all of these issues in my cart to see how many was avalaible for this price. I always thought that he have some really good price comparated to every reseller who sell issue at detail like mycomicshop or this kind of website, but i think the price are good yes... but fair. and everyone who try to sell this kind of stuff for more than that is a freaking thief, thats all.

Edited by BA773

Wtf! This guy is a madman, look the other stuff he have on his ebay page!!! FF1,2, Early Journey into mysery and Thor full run, tons of other... i never seen something like that.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:31 PM, lostboys said:

Sure!

As long as they are pretty 9.4s or solid 9.6s.

Honnestly im not enough professionnal about grading but i can show you some books described NM that i bought from him to make your opinion

Now that im having fun with this new tool who is Comichron, i found that, is it real? :jawdrop: what was happen during these times? Why asm was so bad in the ranking? Thats literally one of the best sellers of all time comics and here we see that 150 titles sell more than him!!! Did someone was a regular reader between  these years and was near of the asm fan community? What was the opinion? Screenshot_20231210-151630_Chrome.thumb.jpg.986245c90b48c2c8755deeeec594d53e.jpg

Edited by BA773