• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Turn of Century to 1960's Comic Character Premiums & Ephemera!
1 1

152 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2023 at 5:35 PM, Robot Man said:

Maybe a half a dozen give or take. I would have to dig them out and check. Got them all from a lady at a show. Too weird to pass up.

Do you have any copies left? I’d like to take one please. Thanks

Never mind, I saw your update in the next page that you’re all out. :tonofbricks:

Edited by Fan Boy1

On 12/7/2023 at 4:29 PM, Robot Man said:

1951 Straight Arrow Injun-Uities Manual. The National Biscuit Co placed thin cardboard dividers in packs of cereal to keep them separated. They were illustrated with scenes of Indian lore. There were 2 sets of 32 different. This book was a send a way piece that collected all of series 1 and 2. Very fun and informative. Lavishly illustrated by Fred Meagher. Some of the best western art in comics.Nice, tight copy.

Some random examples are shown.

Was $45.

Now $40.

straightarrow1.jpeg

straightarrow2.jpeg

straightarrow3.jpeg

straightarrow4.jpeg

straightarrow5.jpeg

:takeit:

On 12/6/2023 at 3:27 PM, Robot Man said:

How many of you comic book folks have Harvey 3-D comics with the glasses missing? Well here is your chance to complete and read your book.

$5.

IMG_7858.jpeg

I’ll take it.  I actually have a few Harvey 3-D comics without glasses. That’d be cool to read them finally. 

On 12/7/2023 at 5:12 PM, Robot Man said:

Circa 1941 Shadow Blue Coal Blotter. A plug for the product and the show they sponsored. Shadow and pulp items are not common any more. Has some minor writing and priced accordingly.

$35.

shadowsmall1.jpeg

shadowsmall2.jpeg

What's the size on this?  Is it one-sided?

On 12/6/2023 at 7:03 PM, Robot Man said:

Kind of suprised not to see @PopKulture in here. Other than you and I, he’s probably only one of a few people who know who these ancient pop culture icons are…:preach:

I’ve peeked in several times over the course of the thread. Tempting as some of these cool items are, I’ve been buying much less these days as I already have too much stuff.There’s definitely a lot of history with some of these premiums though.  (thumbsu

Invoices out and this one is now officially closed! Many thanks to all who have checked it out and more thanks to those who are new owners of these cool artifacts! Been fun for me and I hope it breaks up the atmosphere around here. 

In the immortal words of the great Roy Rogers, "Happy Trails"...