• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this War Action #14...
1 1

16 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2023 at 8:26 PM, 1950's war comics said:

tough black cover, here is my SS book from the registry,

they graded tougher back then but yours likely a 5.0-5.5

NGC.jpg?cb=041921PMG.jpg?cb=041921CGC.jpg?cb=041921CGC-cards.pngCCG.jpg?cb=041921
©2001 - 2023 Collectors Society   |   Legal   |   Privacy Policy   |   Contact   |   800-587-1897

2434962_Full_Obv.jpg?t=MS8xNS8yMDE1IDI6MDc6MDMgUE0%3d

That’s so cool! :applause: 

On 12/3/2023 at 9:49 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Could be worth regrading, but it seems like there's some bias to retain a previously assigned grade & I wouldn't risk having them press it, and there's no way to remove it and resubmit. Not that it matters with that kind of signature book. Literally one of a kind, and no chance there will ever be another like it.

I’m more in the 5.5 camp than the 5.0, by a fair margin. I mean, who the heck knows what comes out of the sausage grinder, but if it’s me hemming and hawing before posting it for sale, I lowball myself at first at 5.0 and go nah it’s better than that, then I think it’s awful close to 6.0 but decide there’s just a smidge too much evident wear on the borders, and the oil transfer is showing through the back a bit, so I post it at 5.5 and feel pretty good about standing behind that. That’s how I get there. 

On 12/4/2023 at 6:19 PM, FoggyNelson said:

If I looks at 50,s War book being a 6.0 I can’t see how Point 0.5 book could be better than 5.0 

??

5.0 is certainly a reasonable grade, but comparing raw books to already-slabbed-books is always an iffy road to go down, IMO. His copy has better FC eye appeal for sure, but there's dozens of different metrics being used to arrive at a book's grade, not just FC eye appeal.  :foryou: