• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are the comics sales stats avalaible somewhere?
5 5

40 posts in this topic

On mycomicshop i can see the cgc census, but i want to know if i can find a database of sales or print? The one who help me win an Oreo!

Edited by BA773

Second question.  This one was drowned out in the locked thread.

Is there anyone that knows the volume of Diamond accounts?  While the print runs are valuable and information I am curious about I would like to know how many accounts or stores there are that handle those books.

Are there more or fewer shops that handle new books opening and / closing? 

Only thing I know of is Brian Hobbs publishes the number of Bookscan accounts each year, which is slightly larger than you're looking for, and would only include America. Even Diamond estimates used to only include America and, umm, the UK i think, so were missing a fair few stores in the rest of the world. 

I'm not aware of any source that captures it all. Not saying the info isn't out there though. 

On 12/4/2023 at 3:19 AM, BA773 said:

On mycomicshop i can see the cgc census, but i want to know if i can find a database of sales or print? The one who help me win an Oreo!

Are you talking about how many sold when they were new?  If so... comichron.com

Are you talking about CGC sales?  If so... gpanalysis.com

On 12/4/2023 at 8:26 PM, stormflora said:

I like using PriceCharting.com for eBay sales tracking. Can give you an idea for the price range of sold raw/graded comics.

I use it too, is good to see the price range however some time the filter make some mistake like some tpb or lot who are interfering in the price range for a single issue because the ebay listing wasnt have a good description... 

The best for me is directly to use the function of eBay to see the sold item

On 12/4/2023 at 3:24 PM, BA773 said:

726281d0cd6f9717f1c51fe5fa9e5690.jpg.07a8bdf01db1c7b6ef6b1bdd142f18d9.jpg

I think there might be some rules about starting too many threads at the same time in one forum. I see at least 4 separate threads of yours on the first page of Comics General all within the last day. 

@CGC Mike ?

Edited by VintageComics

• Administrator
On 12/4/2023 at 6:24 PM, VintageComics said:

I think there might be some rules about starting too many threads at the same time in one forum. I see at least 4 separate threads of yours on the first page of Comics General all within the last day. 

@CGC Mike ?

I actually looked at the threads this morning.  You could "tone it down" a bit on the thread starting, @BA773 

• Administrator
On 12/4/2023 at 8:55 PM, bc said:

Think we need to promote new posters to get new blood.

We have a new boardie who is learning the ropes and we want to stifle it? They have been responsive to advice.

I can appreciate if we were enforcing the rules on PGM or Sales threads, but how can we increase new contributors (while letting the community guide them which this boardie had been doing)?

-bc

I stand corrected.  You are right, @bc

On 12/4/2023 at 8:55 PM, bc said:

Think we need to promote new posters to get new blood.

We have a new boardie who is learning the ropes and we want to stifle it? They have been responsive to advice.

I can appreciate if we were enforcing the rules on PGM or Sales threads, but how can we increase new contributors (while letting the community guide them which this boardie had been doing)?

-bc

The new boardie put up a WTB thread and quickly started giving 2 well known, longtime boardies a runaround when they tried to fill their WTB requests. I know because one of them texted me to let me know about it. 

I don't see how allowing unusual behavior is beneficial for a tight community. In the past Arch would have merged the 4 threads into one, but this seems to be the new way everywhere to bend rules for new blood, so I guess whatever. Not my forum or my rules. 

On 12/5/2023 at 3:28 AM, VintageComics said:

The new boardie put up a WTB thread and quickly started giving 2 well known, longtime boardies a runaround when they tried to fill their WTB requests. I know because one of them texted me to let me know about it. 

I don't see how allowing unusual behavior is beneficial for a tight community. In the past Arch would have merged the 4 threads into one, but this seems to be the new way everywhere to bend rules for new blood, so I guess whatever. Not my forum or my rules. 

First im here since more than 9 month, next can you be more explicit with your first sentence its hard to me to understand it well because of the language, english is not easy for me, i think you spoked about the thread in: you want to buy? Lol. I do nothing wrong on this place, by the unspecific charachter of my post i logically received a lot of answer and i cannot give a positive answer to everyone...

Apart from that, i will calm down on the quantity of my post no problem, using my time to read comics will be probably much more useful than spend it here...

All my excuses guys. Bye.

Edited by BA773