• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are the comics sales stats avalaible somewhere?
5 5

40 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2023 at 3:35 AM, Cat said:

That sounds like you're harassing a new member needlessly. He may be having language problems, we don't know the full story, nor should we unless it fits into the categories we monitor. Otherwise, it's just idle gossip. 

It's also not 'unusual behaviour.' it's an enthusiastic new member with many questions, excited to have the help of members with more knowledge than him, and wanting to utilise that knowledge to the fullest. There's no harm in it for now. We should be aiding and nurturing him, not slapping down the handcuffs. 

Im not new here maybe i have to put my old profile pics again, i will do it.lol

On 12/5/2023 at 4:14 PM, BA773 said:

Im not new here maybe i have to put my old profile pics again, i will do it.lol

No offence meant, mate. 

On 12/5/2023 at 8:15 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Of those 4...

2 were from yesterday, 1 was from Sunday, 1 was from Friday.  You know they get moved to the front page when someone replies, right?

Anyway, thank God we have forum police to stifle newcomers.

I can fully imagine what would happen if I had 4 threads on page one of Comics General. Can you? lol

On 12/5/2023 at 8:35 AM, VintageComics said:

I can fully imagine what would happen if I had 4 threads on page one of Comics General. Can you? lol

We're they created this morning?

Or a year ago and replied to this morning?

There's a difference.

On 12/5/2023 at 8:35 AM, VintageComics said:

If they were interesting topics about comic books, especially topics that haven't been covered before...why would anyone have a problem?

I know I wouldn't.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:40 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

If they were interesting topics about comic books, especially topics that haven't been covered before...why would anyone have a problem?

I know I wouldn't.

Because a lot of people don't like me? lol

There was a time when I was posting a lot more content years ago, and there was a group of people that trolled me daily just because they were annoyed that I was posting too much in their eyes. Nobody forced them to read my posts but they felt the need to complain loudly.

Some of them would post actual screenshots of a forum I was in, just to show how many replies I made in different threads and voice their displeasure.

Other times, they'd comment on how many threads I had running on one page even though they were all very active threads and fully on topic. 

As one example, I used to do these massive convention reports back in the day. They were detailed and fairly long running, full of many pictures of my trips and stories to match. People loved them and some even stated that they were their favorite threads on the CGC boards. I was actually what they'd call today an "influencer" only I did it before it became a thing. It was just good fun meant for everyone. 

A few times, I'd hit several conventions in a busy month, and even though the majority of people genuinely loved the threads because they were fun and entertaining, a few people actually complained out loud that I was dominating the forum - when in fact, people were bumping old threads out of interest. doh!

Since then, and since Arch had stated that "forum real estate" was valuable, and ALSO since I genuinely want to be fair and not annoy people, I've been very careful not to start too many threads.

On 12/5/2023 at 12:50 PM, Sigur Ros said:

On behalf of everyone.

Thank you.

Oh, don't worry. Under the new rules there will be more. :baiting:

On 12/4/2023 at 12:57 PM, valiantman said:

Are you talking about how many sold when they were new?  If so... comichron.com

Are you talking about CGC sales?  If so... gpanalysis.com

Is Penguin and Lunar reporting to Comichron now?

On 12/5/2023 at 1:17 PM, sd2416 said:
On 12/4/2023 at 12:57 PM, valiantman said:

Are you talking about how many sold when they were new?  If so... comichron.com

Are you talking about CGC sales?  If so... gpanalysis.com

Is Penguin and Lunar reporting to Comichron now?

Nope. https://comichron.com/faq/directmarketsalesdata.html

If Comichron.com doesn't have it, then it's probably not possible to get it.

On 12/6/2023 at 11:18 PM, Aman619 said:

just checked it out. Im confused...  What does Comichron tell us?  How does one use it?  Ids it a circulation/orders database?

Personally it is really useful for me, i did a search on the last books i bought, look > you just have to choose a month, a year and you have access to a fabulous ranking of the publications, the only things thats a shame is that you only can search after 2003.Screenshot_20231204-220919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.73dcc2cc8b5db660e4d382cc22bf780e.jpg

Edited by BA773

On 12/6/2023 at 4:18 PM, Aman619 said:

just checked it out. Im confused...  What does Comichron tell us?  How does one use it?  Ids it a circulation/orders database?

When they were reported (about 20 years between 1995 and 2015), North American first month direct orders were known.  How I would use it is for knowing the "bare minimum" number of copies of something that should exist.

See a book from 2010 that has 40,000 units on Comichron, know that at least 40,000 exist... probably more for non-North American orders, possibly more for second month orders, etc.

If someone online says "RARE" and you see 40,000 on Comichron... not rare.

On 12/7/2023 at 3:54 PM, valiantman said:

When they were reported (about 20 years between 1995 and 2015), North American first month direct orders were known.  How I would use it is for knowing the "bare minimum" number of copies of something that should exist.

See a book from 2010 that has 40,000 units on Comichron, know that at least 40,000 exist... probably more for non-North American orders, possibly more for second month orders, etc.

If someone online says "RARE" and you see 40,000 on Comichron... not rare.

You make me think about another really intersting question, what is considered as a low printing for DC and Marvel? I only ask for the big 2 because of course we cannot compare their numbers with the indepandant editors