• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE ULTIMATES 2 # 9

28 posts in this topic

<h1>OH !!</h1>

<h1> MY!!</h1>

<h1> GOD!!!!</h1>

893whatthe.gif........ hail.gif...... 893applaud-thumb.gif....... thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

So incredibly badass.

What's even better than the crazy stuff that happened in this one is the fact that you know they're coming back from this in a big way. That'll be a smash-em-up of epic proportions.

OH !!

MY!!

GOD!!!!

893whatthe.gif........ hail.gif...... 893applaud-thumb.gif....... thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

So incredibly badass.

What's even better than the crazy stuff that happened in this one is the fact that you know they're coming back from this in a big way. That'll be a smash-em-up of epic proportions.

Bryan Hitch does battle-sequence-destruction-mayhem, better than any modern penciler around. hail.gif

This really is insanely great stuff. grin.gif

I particularly like the way Millar uses politics to drive his characters without once indulging in soapboxing for his own viewpoints. Of course Cap is the idealistic patriot. Of course Nick Fury is the cynical world-weary pragmatist. Tony Stark just wants to take care of business. We've all remarked on how perfect the Euro-enviro-lefty Ultimate Thor seems. And the politics of the other players as revealed in this issue? Ah, that would be telling...

This really is insanely great stuff. grin.gif

I particularly like the way Millar uses politics to drive his characters without once indulging in soapboxing for his own viewpoints. Of course Cap is the idealistic patriot. Of course Nick Fury is the cynical world-weary pragmatist. Tony Stark just wants to take care of business. We've all remarked on how perfect the Euro-enviro-lefty Ultimate Thor seems. And the politics of the other players as revealed in this issue? Ah, that would be telling...

Indeed.

sign-offtopic.gifIt took you long enough to find it,................but that is about THE perfect Avatar for you. headbang.gif

GREAT comic and the only Marvel title I still read. I have a question for those who read Marvels regularly. In this issue, they mention that the X-Men and FF are buried beneath their respective buildings. Does this story carry over into those titles? Do I need to read those as well in order to get the full storyline?

So have you tried to identify the International players on the last page? The ones I have heard are:

Abomination

Vanguard (the Thor knockoff)

Crimson Dynamo

Loki

The Colonel is rumored to be the Ultimate Red Skull, but he has a W on his chest, so not so sure its correct. I'm thinking he is the Red Guardian. confused-smiley-013.gif

Not sure on the other 3, who look to be Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye knockoffs confused-smiley-013.gif

GREAT comic and the only Marvel title I still read. I have a question for those who read Marvels regularly. In this issue, they mention that the X-Men and FF are buried beneath their respective buildings. Does this story carry over into those titles? Do I need to read those as well in order to get the full storyline?

Unfortunately, no.....in fact, the UXM just left Fury's island....

Are the other Ultimate titles as good as this one?

No, but they are better then just about anything else Marvel publishes.......I guess that's not saying much, but I read all the Ultimate books and like them 80% of the time.

Are the other Ultimate titles as good as this one?

No, but they are better then just about anything else Marvel publishes.......I guess that's not saying much, but I read all the Ultimate books and like them 80% of the time.

Which one do you think is best, behind Ultimates? I will give whatever it is another shot. I WILL be picking up Ultimate Extinction is January for sure. 893applaud-thumb.gif