• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee signing timeline
2 2

43 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2024 at 8:53 AM, CHWL said:

Mine have shipped and should arrive tomorrow. To say I am pleased is a SEVERE understatement! :D

CGC4342257-002_OBV.jpg

That is an awesome remarq!!!:x The way the colored text behind works into the eyes... This gives me hope that mine will update shortly.

Seriously congrats on those; wow!^^

Finally mine is getting shipped out today! It seems like forever since I've even seen this book. Sent it out back in July to get the Rob Liefled auto. While waiting for it to be done from the they announced that Jim Lee was signing so same day it returned from Liefled had to submit for Lee. 

All I need is for Sam Kieth to come out of retirement!!!🙏🙏🤞

Don't understand why there is such a long delay from the time CGC tells you the deadline date to have your items in till the time of signing event. 

Screenshot_20240125-075353.png

Edited by Flufy12345
Add additional information

I just got notice today that mine shipped...

But when I checked the scan they sent me of it.. 

it's not my book.

I got someone else's who previously had it signed by Chris Claremont (unwitnessed)

It's very disappointing.

I sent CGC CS an email about my remark book still in SFG; with how many books CGC has lost or mailed out incorrectly I am super nervous. This has become all to common when just five years ago it was unheard of.

FYI - 3 of my Jim Lee submissions (all remarques or sketches) are still "received at CCS," so I inquired about what was going on. I was told by customer service (via email): "due to the volume of submissions from the Jim Lee signing, we had to schedule a second wave of remarques which all three invoices fell into. These are still with the artist, and we are waiting on them to be returned. Normally when this happens, when we get them back, they will be rushed through to make up for lost time." Has this ever happened to anyone else before? I'm trying to get an estimate for how long of a delay there may be - but they couldn't provide any.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:01 PM, CardinalBadger said:

FYI - 3 of my Jim Lee submissions (all remarques or sketches) are still "received at CCS," so I inquired about what was going on. I was told by customer service (via email): "due to the volume of submissions from the Jim Lee signing, we had to schedule a second wave of remarques which all three invoices fell into. These are still with the artist, and we are waiting on them to be returned. Normally when this happens, when we get them back, they will be rushed through to make up for lost time." Has this ever happened to anyone else before? I'm trying to get an estimate for how long of a delay there may be - but they couldn't provide any.

It’s hard to give an estimate, and they probably don’t because it depends on how long it takes for Jim to get them back to CGC. 
after that I feel like they “fast track” the books based on other answers I’ve seen. 

After not receiving a reply to CS email sent on Monday, I contacted them directly and received the same cut and paste message as above. There was no further reply when asked why we were not notified of the delay when they knew two months ago during the signing or the anticipated delay over the advertised six week turn around time.

On 1/31/2024 at 11:17 PM, DougC said:

After not receiving a reply to CS email sent on Monday, I contacted them directly and received the same cut and paste message as above. There was no further reply when asked why we were not notified of the delay when they knew two months ago during the signing or the anticipated delay over the advertised six week turn around time.

I know people who submitted their books for remarques after me who already received theirs back - so I think we were just unlucky to fall within that second wave. That said, 1) I agree that someone should have proactively told us that versus us having to contact customer service (multiple times in my case) to receive this update; 2) I think it'd be a nice gesture for CGC to offer those of us with the misfortune of being delayed (9+ weeks and counting at this point) some sort of discount or something; and 3) I still don't understand why they didn't get any sort of estimate from JL on when he might finish the remaining books, and are unwilling to inquire further at this point. It has been over 2 months since the signing, and there are customers who paid thousands of dollars for this service. I think it's totally reasonable to ask when he might get around to finishing them.

Unfortunately not the first time something like this has happened and sadly probably won't be the last. There are people, including myself, who are still waiting for Art Adam's remarks from a signing that happened last summer. Same deal, sold too many, and have been waiting for him to slowly do them and send them back. I sent in an actual book, and not a blank cover. So, seems like those are being done last. Also, I feel your pain on getting passed up. For the last McFarlane signing, I got my books to them several months early, and I ended up in the third wave of signings. And I know people who got their books in a day or two before the deadline who were in wave 1. So, doesn't feel like there's any rhyme or reason to how they do signings. 

On 2/2/2024 at 11:27 AM, CardinalBadger said:

I know people who submitted their books for remarques after me who already received theirs back - so I think we were just unlucky to fall within that second wave. That said, 1) I agree that someone should have proactively told us that versus us having to contact customer service (multiple times in my case) to receive this update; 2) I think it'd be a nice gesture for CGC to offer those of us with the misfortune of being delayed (9+ weeks and counting at this point) some sort of discount or something; and 3) I still don't understand why they didn't get any sort of estimate from JL on when he might finish the remaining books, and are unwilling to inquire further at this point. It has been over 2 months since the signing, and there are customers who paid thousands of dollars for this service. I think it's totally reasonable to ask when he might get around to finishing them.

@CGC Mike I just read through the Art Adams thread, and it does sound like this is a similar situation (with a lot of the same concerns / complaints). Are you able to inquire on your end and provide any more info?

• Administrator
On 2/3/2024 at 6:29 PM, CardinalBadger said:

@CGC Mike I just read through the Art Adams thread, and it does sound like this is a similar situation (with a lot of the same concerns / complaints). Are you able to inquire on your end and provide any more info?

Hi

Anyone can contact the signature series directly.  Here is the e-mail:

signatureseries@cgccomics.com

On 2/3/2024 at 4:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

Anyone can contact the signature series directly.  Here is the e-mail:

signatureseries@cgccomics.com

Why is it always on us to contact the team? Why is it so hard to literally just post the same email that they send out when asked about it. There is tons of activity on social media. It would take 10 minutes to make a post on IG, FB, Twitter, these forums etc. Instead, we get left in the dark, after paying for a service, that at this point almost seems like it may not happen. With all the recent bad press and scandals CGC is involved in, wouldn't literally doing the bare minimum be a good thing?

On 2/4/2024 at 7:19 PM, Maboc said:

Why is it always on us to contact the team? Why is it so hard to literally just post the same email that they send out when asked about it. There is tons of activity on social media. It would take 10 minutes to make a post on IG, FB, Twitter, these forums etc. Instead, we get left in the dark, after paying for a service, that at this point almost seems like it may not happen. With all the recent bad press and scandals CGC is involved in, wouldn't literally doing the bare minimum be a good thing?

Because it would appear that it is easier to deflect and ignore than provide the basic CS that used to be offered. Everyone in this thread knows what @CardinalBadger is asking, the reply is very telling and has been the same reply others have received; so I assume it is the current official mandate.

I tried reaching out on Jim Lee's discord for more information (e.g. a timing estimate), and was told by his mod, "They'll be done when they're done, no ETA can really ever be given on these kinds of things"

...so there's that.

• Administrator
On 3/18/2024 at 10:23 PM, DougC said:

Another 4 weeks have passed and still no update...

when contacted CGC supplied the same cut/paste response as previous.

Did you contact the SS team directly?  

On 3/19/2024 at 7:26 AM, CGC Mike said:

Did you contact the SS team directly?  

I have never gotten a reply when emailing "signatureseries@cgccomics.com" or the "contact us" form on the website. Back in January/February I directly called in to inquire but that doesn't have any way to track barring recording the call. Surprisingly I do get replies (within 1-2 hours) after texting but it is has always been the same response.

Edit to clarify: I texted asking for an update on the Jim Lee signing as I get a reply from them. I have not sent an email to SS@CGC since they didn't reply last time.

This isn't just me, it is a CGC problem with communication after they have received our money and books. When an advertised signing is delayed in any way, for any reason, there is a complete breakdown, and all forms of communication immediately stop (we are never told about this until enough people complain on the forums). This is a direct and focused management decision that I don't even think you have the power to intervene/push back on.

Edited by DougC

I sent an email on 3/15 and got this response on 3/19:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your submission to the Jim Lee signing. We received an extensive volume of remarque submissions, the artist is completing these diligently over a period of time. We would kindly ask for your patience due to these circumstances as we are working alongside the artist to complete this signing as soon as possible.  

I ordered the "INKED SIDE PROFILE SKETCH ON BLANK COMIC COVER - JIM LEE" and it still shows as Scheduled for Grading. That's a lot of money held by CGC for about 6 months now and no update of any kind unless you email them, then it's just a generic reply. No idea if/when the book will get done.

I sent an email to one of Jim Lee's reps on March 20th and it was replied to on the 25th and I am going to hopefully assume it was off the cuff.

image.thumb.png.53f02ed56e1d8baf17aa9fe9fedd160b.png

I contacted the SS@CGC email per below:

image.thumb.png.ec9307279f63d40457835ca739a7c282.png

and received the following reply 4/1 which doesn't exactly line up with the response from Jim's rep:

image.thumb.png.62b98305fb6e7f3bcc9b78e193253897.png

Given how little CGC has chosen to communicate and just outright lied I have little faith the "next few weeks" statement is accurate or even came from Jim's team. Gas lighting is a step up from normal though...

Edited by DougC
added when reply was sent