• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.2 or EBAY Raw NM/M

CGC 9.2 or EBAY RAW NM/M  

276 members have voted

1. 1. CGC 9.2 or EBAY RAW NM/M

19 posts in this topic

Just curious, if you had the chance to buy your dream book on EBAY, either as a CGC 9.2 or the seller's raw NM/M grade which would you buy? Oh, both have pictures about the size of a postage stamp and you don't personally know the seller.

To me buying the NM/M on Ebay without knowing the dealer is like playing the old Monte Hall "Let's Make a Deal" (For those who didn't live in the 60's and 70's this was a game show. You might be able to catch reruns on the gameshow network.) Do you want to take what is behind Door number 1(ebay NM/M), or take the $500 in cash(CGC 9.2). Now if you take the CGC 9.2 that's okay, it is a sure thing but it is not going to be a cash cow. But if you take the NM/M book you might end up with a gorgous 9.6 or it could be the old donkey behind that door. What would be your call? (And just for argument sake, say the CGC 9.2 is really worth $100 and the NM/M book is selling around the same, but if it turns into a 9.6/9.8 it will be a nice $750 book.)

I'd love to buy the raw book, but you just can't trust the sellers who give those small scans. While I have had pleasant surprises buying raw NM/M books, they have always been with larger scans than the default eBay size. And, 9.2 is fine with me on 12 and 15 cent "key" books. Money, as far as flipping ability, isn't really a factor with me.

After all of the buying I have done on Ebay raw. I trust no one. there were very few that actually graded properly on Ebay. I only trust the members here. So far every deal has been a perfect transaction.

As far as that seller what i would do is ask them for a large scan.

I just did that today with a dealer I asked him to send me what he thought was a nm/mint book and this is what he sent me.

batman174front.jpg

After all of the buying I have done on Ebay raw. I trust no one. there were very few that actually graded properly on Ebay. I only trust the members here. So far every deal has been a perfect transaction.

As far as that seller what i would do is ask them for a large scan.

I just did that today with a dealer I asked him to send me what he thought was a nm/mint book and this is what he sent me.

batman174front.jpg

893whatthe.gif Yikes! Good thing you asked