• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scam on superman 1?

80 posts in this topic

The most recent response from the seller:

Just relax, please. I already know that there are only 4 cgc 5.5 copies of Superman #1. Three are restored and 1 is unrestored. No one is trying to steal your sell. Please read my ad thoroughly. I never stated once that my book is CGC graded, I just dont have any means of scanning. Using pictures from somewhere else is not illegal. Advertising what you dont have is illegal. I have the Superman #1-3 collection. The bidders seem to realize that it is not cgc. They verify first before they accuse. Honestly, do you really think that a Superman #1 CGC 5.5, would only be up to alittle over 8,000. I like it to see that you are so corcerned over who's doing right and wrong, but right now you are searching down the wrong path. I just want to sell my book. Thank you.

screwy.gif

I would imagin that the scammer is certainly using a false identity in his ebay profile that would insulate him from any legal involvement and that is were he gets the courage to pull off a scam auction like this.Now if someone actually wins the auction than things can get really serious.This is where i would insist on paypal via a credit card for total security.But all of us here know its a scam.We have an advantage over people [who are bidding] and do not know this fact.

Just relax, please. I already know that there are only 4 cgc 5.5 copies of Superman #1. Three are restored and 1 is unrestored. No one is trying to steal your sell. Please read my ad thoroughly. I never stated once that my book is CGC graded, I just dont have any means of scanning. Using pictures from somewhere else is not illegal. Advertising what you dont have is illegal. I have the Superman #1-3 collection. The bidders seem to realize that it is not cgc. They verify first before they accuse. Honestly, do you really think that a Superman #1 CGC 5.5, would only be up to alittle over 8,000. I like it to see that you are so corcerned over who's doing right and wrong, but right now you are searching down the wrong path. I just want to sell my book. Thank you.

27_laughing.gif A novel defense! 893applaud-thumb.gif

i would ask him where i should send the check. it'll likely be a PO Box. tell him you've sent it, then wait for him to pick the fake check up.

commence with hassbeating. stop when lactic acid buildup prevents continuing. hydrate. resume hassbeating. repeat until you're done

I would imagin that the scammer is certainly using a false identity in his ebay profile that would insulate him from any legal involvement and that is were he gets the courage to pull off a scam auction like this.Now if someone actually wins the auction than things can get really serious.This is where i would insist on paypal via a credit card for total security.But all of us here know its a scam.We have an advantage over people [who are bidding] and do not know this fact.

Beyond the image swipes the statement in ALL his auctions..." I'm looking to make a slight profit if possible so if I recieve a good offer, I will stop the auction ahead of time. ", makes it look like a phishing scam. One sucker outside of Ebay is all that's required.

Ebay should yank 'em for that 'stop the auction/good offer' caveat alone. It violates their rules about outside offers.

I told him I would buy his copies if he let me send another comic dealer to inspect them and I would set up a meeting at a colleague's office in the US Attorney's Office in NY.

893whatthe.gif Why not just set up a meeting at the police department. confused-smiley-013.gif