• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...Found! Bronze Age Story
1 1

4 posts in this topic

(Originally posted this in the Golden Age Section)

Hello all,

I did not read this as a kid, but apparently my good friend Scott did. The story goes like this.

Robbers rob a bank or store and then make their getaway. While hiding out one them goes to have his fortune read by an old fortune teller who reads his fortune.

He asks her what it says, and she says that she can’t tell him, but she will write it down on a piece of paper and gives it to him.

At that moment the other robbers come in and say the cops are coming, they takeoff, and then crash. 

In the final panel, there is a close-up on the piece of paper, which says “you poor man you have no future”.

Again, it could be golden Age, reprint, or something in the silver age. .

He and his older brother were big into House of Mystery, House of Secrets, and just about anything else that they happened to pick up at the used book shop in Charleston that sold comic books back in the 1970s. 

Thanks,

Paul 

Edited by picon3
found

Fellow Boardies,

So after MAR1979's hint that it might be in a Twilight Zone book, I narrowed the search down to books that Scott and I read.  I put in a few hours of time on the computer and up popped title Weird Mystery Tales #3 (which I did not read apparently).  With the title of the story, "I Know Your Future" with Madame Topaz as the fortune teller. 

As always, thanks to those who took a look and provided hints.

Paul~

image_123650291(3).JPG