• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think this Incredible Hulk #181 deserves a second opinion . . .

68 posts in this topic

Merry X-Mas to you as well Divad! Did you send in the Defenders #10? I actually picked up a 9.0/9.2 Avengers #57 last week. I'm thinking I may have to give it to you to have graded for the 9.4!

No, I sold the Def #10 in a private sale. And . . . I'm all ears on the Av #57 . . . 27_laughing.gif

IF you cut them all out, and IF you sent away from the book and stuck them all in, and IF you lived in certain major cities with Comic Cons, and IF you went, I think you got free admission.

Uh, no . . . you didn't get squat - no free admission, no nada, no squat. sumo.gif There were just extra squares on the back that you could get validated if you went to a con - sheesh!

Stan played you all for suckers!

I knew there was a reason I always liked ol' Stan. cloud9.gif

My house is flooded - I'm a bit busy for this. frown.gif

David; that's really sucks............hope all your books are (and were) high and dry.

good luck........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I actually lost one of my original tomato boxes - mostly Westerns, fantasy reprints, and Bronze age horror - about 60 books frown.gif

I can't believe I still had it in the garage after the move - just plain forgot about it - one of the movers must have buried it . . . . crazy.gif

Sorry to hear about the flood David frown.gif

(At first I thought you were speaking metaphorically..)

Maybe insurance will kick in? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doubt it - no flood insurance, and no collection coverage. This afternoon I also found out that I lost nearly all of my Baseball cards 73-74-75 Topps, and my Grandfather's stamp collection. Kathleen lost her Architecture books and we both lost historical photos - we are totally exhausted from cleaning up, but safe and sound. My daughter went to school today, but we stayed home another day to contact HVAC guys, continue the clean-up, and assess what needs to be done.

Virtually everything at a height of less than a foot was completely damaged - it came so fast and early in the morning - freaky. The heating ducts are filled with water and broken - once we can dry up a bit, they all need to be replaced. We've got industrial carpet dryers running around the clock. confused-smiley-013.gifcrazy.gif