• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,030 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2023 at 12:14 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Good pickup. I would say yes.

I deleted. Was looking at the wrong listing.

Not sure why a $10K listing is at the bottom of the 129s.

Edited by sledgehammer

On 12/27/2023 at 1:11 AM, namisgr said:

It's listed on the Exchange, in which case CLink would not have the book in hand and the ability to assess it until the book sells, when the seller must send it to the Link.

I wonder if they've unknowingly auctioned any of the fraudulent books?

Wow... that could open up a whole extra ugly scenario...

On 12/26/2023 at 11:11 AM, namisgr said:

It's listed on the Exchange, in which case CLink would not have the book in hand and the ability to assess it until the book sells, when the seller must send it to the Link.

I suspect this scammer has been selling through all the auction houses.  Why limit himself to ebay, especially when there are so many hulk 181s and books like it out there?

On 12/26/2023 at 10:25 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t think of a response by CGC that could ease the concerns raised by this thread. 

I think it’s good that we don’t hear from them too soon because as more stuff gets unearthed it will be harder for them to try and sweep this under the rug and suggest that it’s just an isolated, small incident. It’s obviously much more than that.

On 12/26/2023 at 1:29 PM, Silver Surfer said:

I think it’s good that we don’t hear from them too soon because as more stuff gets unearthed it will be harder for them to try and sweep this under the rug and suggest that it’s just an isolated, small incident. It’s obviously much more than that.

Could very well be the tip of the iceberg.  

On 12/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Gift grade or switcheroo?   The question we’ll all be asking going forward….

Just look at picture of my copy, which is a 8.5 in the old case.  Yeah, despite a bad wrap, looks Way better then this one. (Considers mine for CPR).

On 12/26/2023 at 1:11 PM, namisgr said:

I thought someone in the thread mentioned that they might have picked up one of the books in a Comiclink auction. That was why in my last response to paqart I mentioned both eBay and Comiclink. 

On 12/26/2023 at 1:29 PM, Silver Surfer said:

On the off chance that there is some type of internal procedure that has been compromised they would want to delay any and all statements until there is a full scope of what is occurring.  Keep in mind that I am sure there are people in this thread that are doing a significant amount of discovery for them.   My experience tells me that there are some that are making phone calls to one another even on Christmas Day. 

On 12/26/2023 at 1:27 PM, thehumantorch said:

I suspect this scammer has been selling through all the auction houses.  Why limit himself to ebay, especially when there are so many hulk 181s and books like it out there?

On 12/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Could very well be the tip of the iceberg.  

On 12/26/2023 at 1:25 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t think of a response by CGC that could ease the concerns raised by this thread. 

If its been only one scammer, then CGC has all the information to go through all his submissions and tag every serial....  If there is more than one person doing this, then we have a huge problem...

On 12/26/2023 at 1:50 PM, WolverineX said:

If its been only one scammer, then CGC has all the information to go through all his submissions and tag every serial....  If there is more than one person doing this, then we have a huge problem...

Uh oh,  Vincent is gonna kill him. (Figuratively of course)

On 12/26/2023 at 1:58 PM, WolverineX said:

Zurzolo?  I don't think he would be as angry as CGC.  They are most on the hook for this oversight. ....

Spoken like someone who never saw Vincent chasing down a con shoplifter. 

Anyone still have that video?

Edited by Buzzetta