• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,030 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2024 at 5:49 PM, sledgehammer said:

The grading notes match the 7.5 White page copy scans pretty well.

Note the missing back cover pieces.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/4343218005/

This may have been a book that he only did his own C/P.

The change from OW to white pages is also not impossible.

It's a different book, I've looked that over very closely. The 6.5 has a pretty glaring spine wear on Reeds arm that isn't on the 7.5

On 1/6/2024 at 5:49 PM, sledgehammer said:

The grading notes match the 7.5 White page copy scans pretty well.

I don't think they're the same book.  

I'm curious if the 6.5 is a Briva3 sale and, if so, what information can be found out about it. (date, etc.)

Edited by pdags

On 1/6/2024 at 3:34 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Everyone still running around like chickens with their heads cut off over this nothing burger, eh? Lol.

350 books out of ten million graded...CGC will be gone by next week! Oh no! :wink:

On 1/6/2024 at 6:34 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Everyone still running around like chickens with their heads cut off over this nothing burger, eh? Lol.

350 books out of ten million graded...CGC will be gone by next week! Oh no! :wink:

Why so flippant?

On 1/6/2024 at 3:41 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I didn’t get past all the shout outs 

Got a summary of how the plot has thickened?

I haven't watched it all.  They talk about a shop possibly involved in NYC.  They talk about a FF2 that a guy bought in person from our scammer which appears micro-trimmed and isn't on the CGC list.  Lots of talking around the subject without naming names.

Edit: after watching a bit more one thing is that the guy who bought the FF2 (not on CGC list) was also offered a lot more books for sale via text...one of which is the ASM 13 that is on CGC list.  But more importantly all the other books excepting the ASM 13 are NOT on the CGC list.  

Edited by GDN

On 1/6/2024 at 6:45 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why so flippant?

...because every scandal that's happened has vanished with NOTHING affecting the hobby or CGC.

This will be more of the same, yet most posting in this thread act like it's the end of the world.

On 1/6/2024 at 6:46 PM, Silver Surfer said:

I don’t even know why I bother. From the guy who doesn’t buy slabs yet he is on here repeating the same stuff over and over again.:whatev:

If you're talking about me, who said I didn't buy slabs?

On 1/6/2024 at 3:48 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

...because every scandal that's happened has vanished with NOTHING affecting the hobby or CGC.

This will be more of the same, yet most posting in this thread act like it's the end of the world.

With attitudes such as yours I fully agree.

Edited by Silver Surfer

On 1/6/2024 at 6:49 PM, Silver Surfer said:

With attitudes such as your I fully agree.

It has nothing to do with "attitudes" my friend...it has to do with what's actually happened in the past.

Do you know what's happened in the past as a result of all those scandals?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Look, I get it. Everyone who's concerned about this wants action to prevent it from happening again. They want real change and real results where everyone is aware of what happened, the steps taken to remedy it, and more mental security going forward with CGC and the graded comics hobby. They want transparency throughout the entire process so they can each individually feel better, whether affected personally or not.

I'm just being realistic in saying that based on what's gone on in the past, none of that will happen.

Nothing changes if their problems are, once again, handled in-house like they were with previous scandals and no fraud investigation by the feds takes place. 

On 1/6/2024 at 7:03 PM, agamoto said:

Nothing changes if their problems are, once again, handled in-house like they were with previous scandals and no fraud investigation by the feds takes place. 

What actually changes if the feds get involved this time?

SIA, I can't keep up with everything going on in the thead...  Has anybody found anything suspicious with the first Daredevil #1 on CGC's list?  It has a very distinct pen mark next to DD's hand.  I've only found the two WorthPoint posts linked below, neither have anything suspicious going on.

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/1203299001/

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/marvel-daredevil-cgc-0-apr-1964-1925063430

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/marvel-comics-daredevil-1964-cgc-0-2095384123\

Note, I don't pay for GPAAnalysis or GoCollect so I haven't searched through them.