• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kochanek, MD, Patrick

33 posts in this topic

Well, yes, I guess I should have said 'some' of what it takes.... crazy money will pry most things loose... but, do you really want to pay 2 to 3 to 4 times what something is 'worth'.?

So are you and Gene saying that Kochanek has a reputation of overpaying for his pieces? Regardless, I have to say his gallery is phenomenal. The man has great taste in Kubert pieces.

No, you have to read my original post. He bought these items from auction houses, dealers, and I'm sure collectors. He has been around for years and I'm sure has gotten many good deals using patience and time. He did not get them by being part of some old boys network. Please read the whole thread before saying stupid things, thank you, Dan makepoint.gif

I did read the whole thread, . Let's just say that your writing style is less than clear and leave it at that.

Well, yes, I guess I should have said 'some' of what it takes.... crazy money will pry most things loose... but, do you really want to pay 2 to 3 to 4 times what something is 'worth'.?

So are you and Gene saying that Kochanek has a reputation of overpaying for his pieces? Regardless, I have to say his gallery is phenomenal. The man has great taste in Kubert pieces.

No, you have to read my original post. He bought these items from auction houses, dealers, and I'm sure collectors. He has been around for years and I'm sure has gotten many good deals using patience and time. He did not get them by being part of some old boys network. Please read the whole thread before saying stupid things, thank you, Dan makepoint.gif

I did read the whole thread, . Let's just say that your writing style is less than clear and leave it at that.

Or, we could leave it by saying that you say a lot of stupid things...

Or, we could leave it by saying that you say a lot of stupid things...

Whatever. If your pathetically insecure psyche requires you to get the last word in, then go for it.

I love these unprovoked attacks. Very KKish. This seems to be a patern with some (repeat, some) folks. The bigger the OA collection, the bigger the arse I guess.

Not only does he have a phenomenal art collection accumulated over decades (he and and his brother were going to NY shows when they were young pups) but he's a gentleman and true fan of the hobby. If you'll do a little search on Pat you'll also find that he is one of the finest pediatric neuro-surgeons.

I remember seeing his name in overstreets fifteen years ago so I'm sure he's been around for aaaaaaaaages..
He used to collect solely comics from the Mile High collection and wrote the articles about them in the early Comic Book Marketplace. According to what Timely said in the past, he sold his comics to concentrate on original art.

Kochanek has the kind of collection that makes you wonder why you bother collecting OA. Very few of us could imagine ever owning a collection like that. The only saving grace is that he seems to only collect Silver Age DC art.

Clem...

Kochanek has the kind of collection that makes you wonder why you bother collecting OA. Very few of us could imagine ever owning a collection like that. The only saving grace is that he seems to only collect Silver Age DC art.

Clem...

He has a nice Wally Wood EC s-f cover . . .