• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We have passed $35k! Thanks so much for all the wonderful help, ...RECAP PAGE 37!! Donation thread to help JimJum12 so we can aid him while he recovers from a stroke.We are aiming for $35k!!
28 28

745 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2023 at 6:50 PM, Readcomix said:

PM Sharon and the seller in a 3-way thread.

On 12/21/2023 at 6:40 PM, shadroch said:

Take, but I'm confused who to pay.

You can add me to that message thread as I'm Santa's Sharon's helper until she gives me the boot.

On 12/21/2023 at 7:00 PM, GrasshopperFF said:

Take Moon knight 1 Newstand. Even $500. I’ll send $ to Jim’s PayPal now. Then I will send a screen shot of the proof of payment to  @BuscemasAvengers and @skypinkblu

Sorry for being so literal. It’s the newbie in me. And you guys rock for stepping up! All y’all. 

@BuscemasAvengers PM me cost of shipping and I’ll send you my address, etc. 

Feel free to add me to the thread with Sharon. I'm assisting her with tracking the thread. (thumbsu 

Hi everyone!  Before I get to the books I'm donating, I want to post up the fundraiser effort that I had just kicked off centered around my participation in the upcoming Dopey Challenge at Disney World from January 4-7.  What this entails is completing each of the races that they host on successive days -- 5k, 10k, half marathon, and full marathon, 48.6 total miles.  This was the basis for my charity thread this year, but after hearing the terrible news about jimjum, I'm happy to re-direct my efforts here.  

As I posted in my own thread, for anyone wishing to take part, please have fun with your pledges -- per mile, per race, per time goal, whatever!  The time goals I've set for myself in each race are as follows:
5k – 37:30

10k – 1:15:00
Half – 2:30:00
Full – 5:00:00

Total allotted moving time that I've given myself is 9 hours, 22 minutes, and 30 seconds.  Land speed records will not be broken.  Here is my own pledge, all proceeds to Jimbo, a friend of Jesus (thumbsu.

- $2 per mile, which I’ll round up to a total of $100 when all miles are completed.
- $50 per time goal met
- $100 if I come in under my total allotted moving time

So, if all criteria are met, that’ll be $400 total from me.  I'm very confident in the first three races, but admittedly 5 hours might be optimistic for the marathon.  We shall see though!

I'll update this post continually with any new pledges as they roll in:  In the interest of tidiness, I'd prefer you pm me any pledges, and I'll tag you and quote the pertinent details.  Donation period will stay open throughout the races as I see no need to put a deadline on it.  And I'll post results and other fun quips on a daily basis!  All updates will be posted in my event journal:

5k (unofficial) - 33:44
10k (unofficial) - 1:13:45

(Disney is updating the same page with all Dopey times, so I’ll post all four official results after the marathon.  So far my watch is pretty accurate to the official time.)

Member pledges

@Beige - "I pledge $1 per mile completed, sent direct to JimJum."

Edited by mattn792