• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con January 13th

11 posts in this topic

Berkeley Show Home page

I am so looking forward to this show. This year has been a rough year for comic shows for me starting at this years Cal comic con my hip started getting bad and progressed to by the end of they year I would hardly walk. I pushed through working but  shows or basically anything other then work was a no go. November 21st I went in for a " Hip Upgrade " as I'm calling it and 5 weeks out I feel like a new person. I'm walking with a little limp (getting a little better each day)  and this is going to be my first show post upgrade so all you dealers bring your drekkie marvels and don't forget your star books there may be a couple of middle age guys looking for droids , Ewoks and some top dogs :blush: 

Hope you don't mind me pimping your show Marc @HouseofComics.Com but this is hopefully me getting back to my roots where I was hitting 8 to 10 shows a year. A good thing about living is Central Califonia is it's managible to hit shows in the bay area and in the LA basin :banana:

Looking forward to this show! Last one I went to (October?) was high quality.

If anyone has any interest in a comic rack, let me know and I can bring it to the show (buy / possibly trade) just shoot me a PM and we can talk value and logistics. I can be there early if you want to use it in your booth! I tried to sell the below rack when stored in Oregon on the Boards, but shipping costs were prohibitive. I've since brought it to SF so this is a strictly a SF Bay Area item now:

image.png.68733c4527278c58d6c26b58be13c4fa.png

Also would be willing to unload this one:

image.png.c98ba95f82e5189c4ed2dd098adb4ad7.png

But only for folks in SF Bay Area or at the show.

Edited by sfcityduck

Vendor list:

Bud Plant
Harvey Doss Collectibles
Worlds of Wonder
Comic Cellar
Gary Carter
Heroes Comics
Champion Comics
All Comics and Collectibles (Lanvin Peets)
A-1 Comics
Comic Web
Cape and Cowl
House of Comics
Sacto Sanctorum
JCT Comics
Bronze Age Batcave
Gabe Schell
DevCo Comics
Batcave Comics and Toys
Brett's Comics
Ted Jacka
Antone Perry
Mike's Comics
Dragstrip Comics/GoDaddyO
Bill McGregor
Santa Rosa Comics

Thanks again Mark & Tim.

I had a blast, weather was a little bleak,

but the energy at the show was charged.

As mentioned above, the wood fired pizzas were from Chantico.

Looking forward to the next show.

Show was great it was nice to be back digging and wheeling and dealing. Hip upgrade felt great with the 8 hour car drive round trip. Stayed at the show just under 3 hours lost track of time almost forgot what it was like to enjoy the hunt instead of feeling the pain. Dealers were great and most were ready to bargain some. Cash is still King.:takeit:

Didn't take any pictures at the show floor but it was loaded with books here are my pickups. I'm really happy with what I got and I didn't want to push it too hard with my first outing.

BIG lot of Iron man

image.thumb.jpeg.13612c6e3a0560ef09df723abc28f01f.jpeg

Smaller lot of Hulk

image.thumb.jpeg.2f202b9966d25b59599065eec01ab001.jpeg

Sweet Conan filler for my run

image.thumb.jpeg.27f731136b2fbc51a6a6854a159c7ce9.jpeg

Small Lot of Caps with a double bought on accident :cry:

image.thumb.jpeg.f1d57e87c79849f8f88285e561d08263.jpeg

A Misc lot of cool books

image.thumb.jpeg.17d0159eb5d181f8ebb9749c92143ee9.jpeg

And my bigger purchases of the show. The ASM 300 is pretty high grade with alot of potional it's unpressed and a first Rhodey and a second bulleye.:x

image.thumb.jpeg.e596fc3758a4c607038e7c9929bf801b.jpeg

I'm looking forward to the next one If you see a guy walking around with a bright Marvel Hawaiian shirt with a nintendo gameboy backpack say high. 

Great show.  Helped several dealers make money on pulps & comics, also picked up a pulp and some books from Bud Plant, a CBM and some other issues from Gary Carter, and delivered a book I sold to a fellow collector who was also at the show.  Enjoyed seeing some other guys.  Best thing of all, Bud told me that a book I missed buying the first time around is now selling for many multiples of cover price is being reprinted. I was prepared to pay what it took if he had one, but it turned out my timing is good and I'll be saving a lot. Was a full room with some impressive books that are rarely seen, especially deep on hard to find UK books (from more than one seller - who can say why?).  

Heard a rumor about a More Fun 14, but didn't see it. I assume it got bought. Would have liked to known the price. If it didn't sell, someone want to PM me the seller and price?  Thanks.

Edited by sfcityduck

Didn't hear about the More Fun. Perhaps it was Antone Perry, who had a Jumbo #1 (?) at the show a year or three ago.

I know Lou (Dragstrip Comics) likes to always have foreign comics and picked up a lot of UK copies on a trip to England last summer.

It's a potent show, with vendors who are always picking up fresh stock.