• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tampering? What the fake is going on here!
2 2

42 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2023 at 2:30 PM, IceHole said:

To anyone who has had to deal with the slow rolling ball that is the fbi...

My only experience with them is reporting a crime with ebay about a purchase that never got mailed to me. Ebay refused to pay me back, I complain...they sent my compain to the fbi, who followed up 18 months later. They took my statement. That was 10 years ago. Nothing happened.  Law!

But was it the...FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW?

dredd-1.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop&height=67

On 12/28/2023 at 4:30 PM, IceHole said:

To anyone who has had to deal with the slow rolling ball that is the fbi...

My only experience with them is reporting a crime with ebay about a purchase that never got mailed to me. Ebay refused to pay me back, I complain...they sent my compain to the fbi, who followed up 18 months later. They took my statement. That was 10 years ago. Nothing happened.  Law!

The feds have successfully prosecuted people for shill bidding on eBay. (Shill bidding in any online auction is wire fraud, which is a federal crime.)

As for your package, how can you be certain that it was never mailed? Packages do get lost in the mail. Unless you had proof of a crime, the FBI may have decided that it was a civil matter.

A case like this with multiple victims, evidence of deliberate fraud, and significant losses involved would no doubt get a higher priority that a situation involving a single package.

CGC needs to increase MORE security!!!!!  THE SCAMMERS already know the weakness and flaws. CGC must prevent.

CGC should have used the security seals around the case.  They should make the case harder to be cracked out.

CGC should improve the security by doing these:

• If someone broke or attempted to break the security seals then the case is tampered.  The grade is automatically invalid and the book must be re-graded or checked.
  • No one will able to de-slab them anymore unless they want to de-slab them. They must send the sealed graded books to CGC for deslabbing them upon their requests. CGC can put the books in a special security sealed bags so the grades may not be affected. The de-slabbing fee should be included.  If you don't want to send them to CGC, it is YOUR OWN RISK to de-slab them. The labels are invalid immediately.
  • If the security sealed bag is broken, the grade is invalid immediately.  The security sealed bags are INVALID and cannot be used. Again, the labels are immediately invalid.
  • All labels are INVALID and must be destroyed (I am sorry to say it repeatedly).
  • The buyers must be aware of the new security and must learn how to avoid the scamming.  If you find something seemed or looked suspected, call CGC immediately.
  • CGC must accept all sealed graded books for re-grading and, new reholders, Signature Series.  All labels (already de-slabbed before submitting) inside the bags are immediately invalid and must be confiscated before the Signature Series starts. All books will be re-graded.

I think Quality Control and shipping departments MUST be monitored by the security in 24 hours/7 days/365 days.  There are too many going on in QC and shipping areas.

This is my suggestion for CGC.

On 12/29/2023 at 9:28 AM, JollyComics said:

CGC needs to increase MORE security!!!!!  THE SCAMMERS already know the weakness and flaws. CGC must prevent.

CGC should have used the security seals around the case.  They should make the case harder to be cracked out.

• If someone broke or attempted to break the security seals then the case is tampered.  The grade is automatically invalid and the book must be re-graded or checked.
  • No one will able to de-slab them anymore unless they want to de-slab them. They must send the sealed graded books to CGC for deslabbing them upon their requests. CGC can put the books in a special security sealed bags so the grades may not be affected. The de-slabbing fee should be included.  If you don't want to send them to CGC, it is YOUR OWN RISK to de-slab them. The labels are invalid immediately.
  • If the security sealed bag is broken, the grade is invalid immediately.  The security sealed bags are INVALID and cannot be used. Again, the labels are immediately invalid.
  • All labels are INVALID and must be destroyed (I am sorry to say it repeatedly).
  • The buyers must be aware of the new security and must learn how to avoid the scamming.  If you find something seemed or looked suspected, call CGC immediately.
  • CGC must accept all sealed graded books for re-grading and, new reholders, Signature Series.  All labels (already de-slabbed before submitting) inside the bags are immediately invalid and must be confiscated before the Signature Series starts. All books will be re-graded.

I think Quality Control and shipping departments MUST be monitored by the security in 24 hours/7 days/365 days.  There are too many going on in QC and shipping areas.

image.png.63338cb3bf31771453525630015d753a.png

On 12/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, JollyComics said:

Why is the label separate from the comic, who designed this??????? Wasn’t the old style holder sealed with the label attached to prevent tampering with the grade? How is the new holder an improvement?

I watched the video on 9.9s Insta and couldn’t believe how the label is separate ???

On 12/29/2023 at 10:34 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Why is the label separate from the comic, who designed this??????? Wasn’t the old style holder sealed with the label attached to prevent tampering with the grade? How is the new holder an improvement?

I watched the video on 9.9s Insta and couldn’t believe how the label is separate ???

Been living under a rock?

On 12/29/2023 at 10:53 AM, JollyComics said:

Because you always de-slab them.  That’s why.

How does that relate to anything?

On 12/29/2023 at 12:34 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

It’s always possible. It’s plastic and they can figure to pry it out without a crack.

FYI, I received my freshly graded books and three of them are opened easily. I pulled the sealed books and labels out easily. All of them were returned for the new reholders with a free charge.  I would keep the cases.

On 12/29/2023 at 11:08 AM, JollyComics said:

It’s always possible. It’s plastic and they can figure to pry it out without a crack.

FYI, I received my freshly graded books and three of them are opened easily. I pulled the sealed books and labels out easily. All of them were returned for the new reholders with a free charge.  I would keep the cases.

Now is definitely the time to get stuff graded - raw 9.0s convert into slabbed 9.4s.

Edited by lizards2
Greggy

On 12/29/2023 at 12:30 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Apparently :facepalm:

Seriously - I am not sure if CGC ever had an inner well version that totally encapsulated the label? Maybe either PGX or CBCS. I am working from memory here.

On 12/29/2023 at 11:08 AM, JollyComics said:

I would love to see photos or film of those extractions. I have busted out a lot of the new version slabs, and they always splinter all over, especially to get the labels out. Did you get a batch with bad welds, or?

On 12/29/2023 at 1:27 PM, lizards2 said:

I would love to see photos or film of those extractions. I have busted out a lot of the new version slabs, and they always splinter all over, especially to get the labels out. Did you get a batch with bad welds, or?

Agreed, I've cracked open a handful of these newer slabs and this whole "they pop right open" talk is news to me.

I'm going to start a new company called cgcg.  "Comics Gauranted Company Gauranter"

You send me your slabs,  I'll Crack them out and verify the book is not qualified and the grade is generally correct. Then I'll send the comics back to cgc for regarding. 

Of course,  you can't guarantee that I didn't swap the book out and submit another.   For that reason I refer everyone to my cousin's company CGCGG before resub.