• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Busiek Leaves Conan

34 posts in this topic

Maybe he'll have enough time now to pump out some Astro City... cloud9.gif

Jim

He's been writing "Astro City: The Dark Age" lately. It's been great. 4 issues have come out so far. I believe the series is slated for 12 issues.

Jim

He's been writing "Astro City: The Dark Age" lately. It's been great. 4 issues have come out so far. I believe the series is slated for 12 issues.

16? I seem to remember 16.

I love Astro City.

Jim

Really? I need to search them out...Thanks!

Jim

Jim

16? I seem to remember 16.

I love Astro City.

I think you're right, Rob. It is 16 issues.

It's been great so far, just like the rest of them.

Jim, if you can't find them, I have dupes of the first three issues (long story as to why I have two sets). I've loaned them out to a friend of mine, but when he's done, I'll give 'em to you as long as you're not looking for nice copies (these are all dinged at the corner).

Bummer - I really like Busiek's stuff. frown.gif

Truman takes over with issue #33. Anyone know much about him?

Conan Changes article

frown.gif That's really too bad, he did an amazing job with the title. However, I am incredibly excited to see Mignola take over for a three issue arc, and also interested to see Eric Powell draw one. Pretty cool. cloud9.gif

Conan Changes article

frown.gif That's really too bad, he did an amazing job with the title. However, I am incredibly excited to see Mignola take over for a three issue arc, and also interested to see Eric Powell draw one. Pretty cool. cloud9.gif

What did you think about the Mike Kaluuta art in the latest issue?

It was a very cool surprise to me and was integrated into the story nicely! thumbsup2.gif

And he's going to be writing the new Aquaman for DC with Butch Guice on art.

Busiek on Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis

Sounds dodgy, but I'll give it a chance when it comes out...

Joker--

Maybe, DC is finally trying to show Aquaman some love. Me, I am not a Aquaman but even I have to feel a little sorry for this character. sorry.gif

Conan Changes article

What did you think about the Mike Kaluuta art in the latest issue?

It was a very cool surprise to me and was integrated into the story nicely! thumbsup2.gif

Wow. I didn't even notice that. Show's how much of a fanboy I am! tongue.gif While reading through it the first time, it registered that it was a different artist, but I never botherered to see who it was. I agree that it flowed very well. The fact that Conan is attracting such top talents is proof positive that it's one of the strongest titles to come out in the last five, or even ten, years.

Even though I love this series, I have to admit I haven't read any of the original Conan stories by R E Howard. shy.gif I am however, a great fan of H P Lovecraft and I do know that the two authors did correspond from time to time. This story "The Tower of the Elephant" definitely has some Lovecraft influence with the elephant creature(s) being very similar to Lovecraft's "Elder Gods" from the Necronomicon.

Even though I love this series, I have to admit I haven't read any of the original Conan stories by R E Howard. shy.gif I am however, a great fan of H P Lovecraft and I do know that the two authors did correspond from time to time. This story "The Tower of the Elephant" definitely has some Lovecraft influence with the elephant creature(s) being very similar to Lovecraft's "Elder Gods" from the Necronomicon.

Good call. I am also embarrassed to say I haven't read any of the originals (though I have read a lot of Lovecraft). Can anyone recommend a good place to start on the REH stories?

Good call. I am also embarrassed to say I haven't read any of the originals (though I have read a lot of Lovecraft). Can anyone recommend a good place to start on the REH stories?

Look on Amazon.com for:

The Coming of Conan

The Bloody Crown of Conan

The Conquering Sword of Conan

These 3 books reprint the entire REH Conan library, unabridged, for less than $11 each on Amazon.