• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

T206 Cy Young
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I own the card in the attached image.  As you can see from the image, the card has the name of the player and the top and the bottom--unusual but not super rare.  Many collectors place a premium on this anomaly.  Up until a few years ago PSA used to assign a grade to cards like this and then label it as a Double Name.  Usually when these T206s have 2 names, the name on the top or the bottom (sometimes both) can be cut off.  I am wondering if you can check with Andy or a senior grader to see if CSG would be open to grading the card with the Double Name identification but also not lowering the grade due to the fact the names are cut off?  SGC does not identify the double name T206s and as a result put this into a 1.5.  This card has almost no wear and no flaws so the 1.5 grade is just not representative of the condition.

Thank you,

Greg

t206young.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @mrmagoo

Thank you for sharing the photo of your collectible! I will share your inquiry with our grading team and see if this is something that can be requested as a pedigree designation. We would not be able to make any grade evaluations or estimates without reviewing the card in hand. However, I will also ask how much we can expect the split / double name to facto into the final grade. When I receive their reply, I will let you know. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.