• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-holdering Book in Very Old Slab

2 posts in this topic

I have a comic book that is in a very old slab. The comic can slide around easily within the inner well. (It can move a couple of millimeters side to side; I can't remember whether it can also move up and down.) It is a Cookeville copy, but I'm not really concerned about getting the pedigree label. I am concerned about whether the loose fit puts the book at risk of damage. I wouldn't want to send it to Sarasota, and I don't want to hand carry it to Sarasota.

My question is, does CGC ever re-holder books at cons? I thought I read somewhere that re-holdering wasn't offered at cons, but that was a long time ago, so I wanted to check.

This is the book in question:

2308232228141.jpg

• Administrator

Hello! 

Happy New Year! Unfortunately, we no longer have on-site grading/encapsulations at shows. This was a service we provided for many years but we stopped during Covid to protect our encapsulation and grading staff. While we do still attend shows to accept submissions, all of these are shipped back to our office directly from the show to be processed and then mailed back to our customers. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. I would suggest reaching out to a dealer in your area HERE to see if any of them would be willing to make the trek down to our office for you to drop off this book. 

At this time we have no plans to begin offering show onsite again in the future. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.