• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heavy Metal fantasy magazine
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hello hello,

First, I must say I know NOTHING about comics. Nothing at all. And Im just looking for some advice from those that do know.

I have come across a collection of Heavy Metal Fantasy Magazine.

I have from 1978 to 1984.

All in good shape. They are in  White Binders also marked Heavy Metal Fantasy Magazine which seem to also be original .

I guess my question is what to do with them. I mean, I am not a collector or anything. I have looked on E bay and see some of them do go for some $$

Any opinions? I wouldn't know what they are worth or who would benefit from them.

On 1/4/2024 at 5:19 PM, BobBagels said:

Thx for all the help.

Appreciate it

Are you able to post some pictures?  At the moment everyone here has less information about their value than you do.  Does being in binders mean that they have holes punched in them?  If so, that may pretty much kill the value.  

Edited by Nick Furious

If they're hole punched in binders, they're not worth much.  If they're in the official printed binders, and held in by bars, they might be worth more.  If they are the official binders, those might be worth as much or more than some of the magazines themselves.

On 1/6/2024 at 3:39 PM, OtherEric said:

If they're in the official printed binders, and held in by bars, they might be worth more.  If they are the official binders, those might be worth as much or more than some of the magazines themselves.

image.png.669cd88bd167ffff868146a30c2d403d.png

If these are the binders and they are clean and without rust then they are probably worth more than the magazines. A group of 7 of them sold for $50 last week, they were stated in the auction as being in "great condition" when asked for more pictures and if the bars had rust, the seller didn't reply. A single one with rust, stains, and damage sold for $30 in November which tends to be the average given the usual condition.

Yes, thats them

No holes, there are bars . There dosent appear to be any rust.

Bundle them up say 6 months worth at a time and put them up for auction on eBay. What they go for is what they’re worth. 

Sounds right to me, Im not in any hurry to sell them or anything, seems more trouble to sell them for little $ than anything else. 

I think It might be a nicer thing to give them to someone thats into comic collecting or something.

Thank you for the replies and help, I appreciate the advice.

mycomicshop is buying most of the early issues. They are buying about 75% of the whole run.  The prices are a bit low, but selling a bunch in one swoop is much easier than selling a couple at a time.  The binders might be your most expensive items. They are in demand, and the supply is low. The opposite is true for most monthly issues. 

On 12/31/2023 at 11:19 PM, BobBagels said:

Hello hello,

First, I must say I know NOTHING about comics. Nothing at all. And Im just looking for some advice from those that do know.

I have come across a collection of Heavy Metal Fantasy Magazine.

I have from 1978 to 1984.

All in good shape. They are in  White Binders also marked Heavy Metal Fantasy Magazine which seem to also be original .

I guess my question is what to do with them. I mean, I am not a collector or anything. I have looked on E bay and see some of them do go for some $$

Any opinions? I wouldn't know what they are worth or who would benefit from them.

I would hang onto them, Magazine collecting is starting to take off.