• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2024 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
7 7

199 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2024 at 10:35 AM, Tony G 1000 said:

Spider-Man jam piece, from Terrificon last year.  I left the character choice up to the artist, I just specified no duplicates.  Here are the artists on this one, from left to right, top to bottom:

Randy Emberlin, Joe St Pierre, Jimmy Palmiotti

Keith Champagne, Tom Nguyen, Rick Leonardi          
Scott Hanna, Keith Williams, Tom Raney 

IMG_1557.jpeg

This is a great way to do a sketch cover!! I love it!

On 3/1/2024 at 10:35 AM, Tony G 1000 said:

Spider-Man jam piece, from Terrificon last year.  I left the character choice up to the artist, I just specified no duplicates.  Here are the artists on this one, from left to right, top to bottom:

Randy Emberlin, Joe St Pierre, Jimmy Palmiotti

Keith Champagne, Tom Nguyen, Rick Leonardi          
Scott Hanna, Keith Williams, Tom Raney 

IMG_1557.jpeg

This is awesome, you have definitely given me ideas with your posts my friend. Thank you 

On 3/2/2024 at 7:51 AM, Ron C. said:

It took a few years, but I was finally able to add Robin Wright to this Jennifer Allyn sketch cover. Thank you to @Par2ch for the help.

Princess Bride 98 combined Allyn.jpg

Very nice brother, congrats 

Edited by RayJr

On 3/1/2024 at 7:40 PM, Tony G 1000 said:

And here is my Batman jam piece, also from Terrificon last year.  Same as the Spidey cover, artist’s choice, no duplicates.  Artists on this one, top to bottom, left to right:

Don Kramer, Val Semeiks, Rick Leonardi

Tom Raney, Jerry Ordway, Russ Braun

Jim Calafiore, Scott Hanna

I tried to get as many different artists between the two books as I could.  I’m very happy with how they both came out.

IMG_1530.jpeg

This is amazing also!

On 3/2/2024 at 10:07 PM, RayJr said:

This is awesome, you have definitely given me ideas with your posts my friend. Thank you 

On 3/2/2024 at 10:25 PM, Skippeydoo said:

I agree! Definitely inspired me also for the next con I go to!

Thanks guys, I take that as a big compliment!  Can’t wait to see what you both come up with!

On 3/2/2024 at 11:08 PM, Tony G 1000 said:

Thanks guys, I take that as a big compliment!  Can’t wait to see what you both come up with!

I just have one quick question on it if you don't mind. Did you draw the squares for each artist to draw in before giving it to them? Or did you just tell them the plan and they kept in their space?

On 3/4/2024 at 9:44 AM, Skippeydoo said:

I just have one quick question on it if you don't mind. Did you draw the squares for each artist to draw in before giving it to them? Or did you just tell them the plan and they kept in their space?

I measured each cover and then used a pencil and ruler to very lightly make the lines for the squares.  I let each artist choose which square they wanted to draw in as well.

On 3/4/2024 at 1:22 PM, Tony G 1000 said:

I measured each cover and then used a pencil and ruler to very lightly make the lines for the squares.  I let each artist choose which square they wanted to draw in as well.

Thanks! Glad I asked cause that totally makes sense, but I hadn't thought of doing it in pencil! It's not til October, but I typically go to an comic creator driven con in Memphis in September or October. And am definitely going to try this. Haven't decided what I'd want to do, but leaning towards Fantastic Four or X-Men. Thanks again!

On 3/6/2024 at 5:40 PM, ivdyer said:

Failed to get Inaki (canceled appearance) on front of this Ash piece but fulfilled the back of this One Piece 

IMG_1463.thumb.jpeg.b276f20471c1b9649f9c238199430c01.jpeg

IMG_1464.thumb.jpeg.340a9f24c5e6a6c7bc23d4b398c622a1.jpeg

This is pretty awesome brother 

On 2/25/2024 at 4:43 AM, A-DONIS said:

mYRryG9D_2102240026391gpadd.jpg.c2d7e4af706fe9f211c1551edcab01dd.jpgJRfbLMEL_1602240157191gpadd.jpg.3add3fcc6d1962766a8fcc42e6cd4c5a.jpg

Part Four -  Prime vs Megatron by Edison Neo    -  Thor by Bart Sears (Used to own it, and now it's back)

Am I reading that correctly, Sears actually drew that Thor? That's probably the best sketch I've seen and of one of my favorite characters. That's an amazing piece. I might need to save for a Sears sketch.