• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Army at War #60 nice greytone cover.
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Bought off eBay.  The seller graded 8.0 for this book that has a color break crease on the cover (the crease crossed German's right shoulder).

The book looks excellent except the crease.  It's about 1.75" long.  That was a significant defect on the book.

What do you think of this book?  I have to challenge the seller.

OAAW60.thumb.jpeg.d71dd0b9ef1665ad13e8e147fcb3d106.jpeg

OAAW60bc.thumb.jpeg.94835d69eecf25342f8f115ce9b71f97.jpeg

On 1/4/2024 at 5:41 PM, JollyComics said:

I have to challenge the seller.

6.5 or so. Probably worth half of what you paid. Sellers grade was wishful but lots of pictures that included the defect at issue make it less blameworthy. On the bright side it looks like he takes returns or “will work something out” if you’re dissatisfied. 

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2024 at 12:18 PM, ThothAmon said:

6.5 or so. Probably worth half of what you paid. Sellers grade was wishful but lots of pictures that included the defect at issue make it less blameworthy. On the bright side it looks like he takes returns or “will work something out” if you’re dissatisfied. 

I have two raw copies. I bought it from the board last year. He graded 6.0 and it is about 35% more than I bought recently.

This book looks too nice to be returned. I am intending to submit them and see how both will be turned out.  I can inform the eBay seller and board member after the results.

I will pull the second copy soon.

Edited by JollyComics

Posted (edited)

You can compare them.

From the board member:

Defects:  Tanning on the bottom edge FC, Two dust shadows on BC and a crease near the bottom spine BC.  He graded it 6.0.

OAAW60B.thumb.jpeg.e4ee23132316c065c25d9044fc059c30.jpeg

OAAW60Bbc.thumb.jpeg.017f62b953370da63c91253b3a603a76.jpeg

Edited by JollyComics