• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Secret Santa Gift Exchange (updated rules, and masterlist)

181 posts in this topic

EDIT-See Bottom of post for complete rules

In the spirit of the Holiday, and perhaps building a new friendship... I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in participating in a CGC Forum Secret Santa Holiday Gift Exchange.

This would involve actually be accountable for who you are..so to all of you shills and evil doers... I say Bah Humbug to you. Here is a lump of coal for you.

If you would like to participate, sign up here in this thread, and send me a PM Titled "Secret Santa Signup"...........that says:

Who you are, where you live, a REAL email addy, and working telly # you can be reached at.

And most of all...what you like to collect.

I will only pass along your address info to your paticular Secret santa, so they can ship you your present.

If you do not feel comfortable, or feel you cannot trust your fellow boardies with this info..... I say again , bah humbug.. This is in the spirit of giving, AND recieving a Holiday present. And those of us here who know each other, know who we are.

I will take ALL the names I get sent to me..print them out, and let my daughter pick out 2 names at a time to see who will be who's Secret Santa.

(This will be documented with 726 photos to avoid a scandal)

I will then inform everyone who they are going to be a Secret Santa for. YOU will be responsible for shipping out the present.

No $$$ limit on how much you can give..but a minimum of $35 should be something we can all swing. Be it a book from our own collection..or one you buy.

And it MUST be a comic related present of course....if ya wanna add other stuff into the box, that is up to you.

Deadline for submitting your name will be Sunday the 11th 6 oclock (East Coast Time)

( Names will announced through PM's late Sunday, or early Monday)

Deadline for shipping our the presents will be Friday 16th

I hope I get JC 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Happy Holiday's everyone

Kenny hi.gif

EDIT---A few amendments to my earlier rules for this shindig.

1- As my wife so graciously pointed out a flaw in how I would draw the names. So I will now draw ONE name from the hat with all our names on pieces of paper, then assign them their person from the master list, first name on the list being assigned first..and so on till all the names in the hat are gone, and the list is all checked off.If I draw your name and you are next on the list..you will go back in the hat and a new name will be drawn.

2- Concerns about what to give?....give whatever ya want but many of you included a list of things they like/want. I will include that info(if any) when I assign you your person. Cater your gift to their wants,. or give what you think best. Up to you. It is a gift, from you to them.

3- Concerns about mailing your gift in time,or it not making it to your person it in time to open by Christmas?

Well, I suppose I did make this with Christmas/ Dec. 25th in mind. Does anyone who signed up really celebrate on a different day?Or Holiday altogether? I think if you know your gift will not be there in time for whatever reason, just send your person a PM on Christmas day saying you were there Santa..and their gift will be there on XXX day.

4- I also forgot to let everyone know.. I am a big stickler for opening gifts ON Christmas day.....NOT before (midnight on the 24th is ok)

While I cannot enforce this rule.. I can only hope you will all honor my request.

Because I WILL know if you open them early. Santa gave lent me certain powers when I took on this assignment.

5- And lastly...You MUST wrap the present in some type of Holiday paper..or Sunday funnies..something.

Dont just stick a comic in a freaking box and say here.

Man this is such a good idea....too bad I live so far away from everyone else frown.gif
Yeah, the shipping for the CCEs would have been prohibitive! poke2.gif

Man this is such a good idea....too bad I live so far away from everyone else frown.gif

Heyyyyy you're back from rehab thumbsup2.gif

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

yay.gif

You want them or not? confused-smiley-013.gif

popcorn.gif

yay.gif

Of Course.... but it wouldn't feel right taking your money flowerred.gif

popcorn.gif

yay.gif

Who said that you were getting them for free? makepoint.gif

popcorn.gif

yay.gif

Spirit of Xmas... confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

popcorn.gif

yay.gif

sorry.gif

I would have but you were being difficult in the gold thread so screw u. Later dork! hi.gif

popcorn.gif

yay.gif

sorry.gif

I would have but you were being difficult in the gold thread so screw u. Later dork! hi.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Okay, I am in but my present the present I send may not be able to arrive before Xmas.!!!! Should beat Jan 6th though.

Some People Celebrate christmas 13 days later so it might still be a gift for them

Okay, I am in but my present the present I send may not be able to arrive before Xmas.!!!! Should beat Jan 6th though.

Some People Celebrate christmas 13 days later so it might still be a gift for them

Some people celebrate Boxing Day too... screwy.gif27_laughing.gif

That's a really good idea. There is only one small problem. If I am going to send something to the person that they will actually want, chances are I will have to buy it on eBay. My collection isn't really big enough to have something for everyone. My point is, if I participate, I won't be able to ship it by the 16th because I will have to buy it, pay for it and have it shipped to me first. Let me know what you think of this.

Doesnt have to be somethign they specifically say they want though does it?

it could be a few books from your favourite stories to try and broaden their collecting horizons. Or any other number of things.