• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Secret Santa Gift Exchange (updated rules, and masterlist)

181 posts in this topic

I got a sweet recipient! sumo.gif

Hey, I just assumed by the strict dates, that us Canucks were not allowed in.. foreheadslap.gif

we were.

To bad you assumed..

You know what happens when you assume!

I make an azz out of you and greggy? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep, JC...you definitely caught the spirit of this thread. Leave it to you to end up name calling in a Secret Santa thread! 27_laughing.gif

I make an azz out of you and greggy? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yep, JC...you definitely caught the spirit of this thread. Leave it to you to end up name calling in a Secret Santa thread! 27_laughing.gif

He is upset he wont be gettign the Actiun Comic #1 I am going to give my lucky secret recipient

Ze-

What do you think of people posting their want lists in this thread?

I was gonna suggest that , feel free. Most people gave a detailed list. And to those that did not get any collecting info in the PM I sent ya, it was because none was given.

If ya want, shoot me a PM and I will ask that person for any info and pass that along to you.

Also..I posted this in the other Santa Gift thread..wanted to make sure it was seen in case of any confusion.

Just wanted to clarify something, while the term Secret Santa sounds covert, it does not mean you are to remain secret. While sometimes a (poor)family has a secret santa from a charity,or workplace that DOES remain secret. I perhaps shoulda just called this the CGC Forum Gift Exchange...and left off the SS...but it sounded better!

Everyone knows they are going to get a present..they just dont know from WHO until they open the gift..and then all is made clear.We have held several of these kinda things in places I worked at, as a way to get a gift or meet people we might not otherwise get to know.

So by all means, put your return address on the outside of the box, just leave off your name, or just put initials, (they probably only know you by your forum name anyways) It would probably would be good idea to sign your forum name as well as your real name so they will identify who you are here, with your real name.

The main point of this besides getting a present, was to perhaps meet new people.

Ze-

doh!

Leave for two and a half days and miss out on the only good thing to happen here in a year.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Who told you that you could leave for 2 1/2 days?

I never said it was ok.

Sorry ya missed it bro.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

gossip.gif If anyone else wants to join in , PM me your info by tonight. As long as I get 2 more names I will dole out Secret Santa assingments. Do not post that you want in here.

PM me.

Kenny,

This was a great idea and is tons of fun (and like OG said, exactly what we've needed around here lately).

I have a suggestion for next year. Since we had a lot of participation from both sides of the Atlantic (and most likely will next time), it's probably better to have the European people buy for each other and the US folks buy for other US folks. It's cheaper to ship this way and the packages will get there on time.

I agree, it was not till it was all said and done did I see the flaws.

No feelings on the sleeve here though, any and all suggestions are welcome for next year.

I originally did this on a whim, thinking only 5-10 people would respond. But it appears we all like to get presents!! Our numbers are strong indeed.

Was a bit overwhelming, but in a fun way.

Ze-

Sorry Redhook.. I missed this thread. Seems like a great idea. (I haven't been logging in recently.) I DO have something I need to send you though that's a bit overdue.

Needless to say, I guess you're getting TWO Board presents this year.... thumbsup2.gif

Sorry Redhook.. I missed this thread. Seems like a great idea. (I haven't been logging in recently.) I DO have something I need to send you though that's a bit overdue.

Needless to say, I guess you're getting TWO Board presents this year.... thumbsup2.gif

yay.gifhail.gifyay.gif

yay.gifhail.gifyay.gif

tongue.gif

Well, I carefully prepared my secret Santa package, and a rather overworked elf picked it up today. It's on its way to UPS's North Pole distribution center, then directly to its new owner, a most deserving board member.

Merry Christmas, everyone! yay.gif

Well, I carefully prepared my secret Santa package, and a rather overworked elf picked it up today. It's on its way to UPS's North Pole distribution center, then directly to its new owner, a most deserving board member.

Merry Christmas, everyone! yay.gif

Now I know why Nikos always holds the grading contest...power is FUN.

For a short while longer I am the only one who knows who has who.......Priceless.

Hope all you Santas are doing well, judging from the amount of PM's I got asking me to re-ask their person about what else they like...it is tougher then some thought.

Dont stress about it too much though, I think everyone is just having fun with this more then they are actually worried about what they will GET as a gift.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Ze-

Gift sent via sleighmail. Not wrapped, unfortunately, as Mrs. Donut has hid all the wrapping paper in a futile smirk.gif attempt to prevent us from knowing where the presents are. Double boarded in cardboard, so at least there's that. Ho ho ho.