• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[REVIEW ADDED] My all time most satisfying deal
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2024 at 5:42 AM, BA773 said:

I know that for many people here it will not look  so good... 

But for me it is. Since i started the hobby i never crazily overpaid but many times i paid a bit more than i should have when i looking back...

I never joined before the "dollar bin" club, now its done! 

I found an amazing Det. Comics run of nearly 300 issues, exactly on the range of time i was looking for (1987-2011) .

So happy! Now i can sleep and come back the next year lol

Screenshot_20240107-142023_eBay.thumb.jpg.87c8db59773456e8093e048f38f3202a.jpg

I think you got a great deal. Even with a pull service its hard to go to the local Comic Book store week after week to purchase books and not miss an issue. Congratulations you have lots of great reading ahead.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:10 PM, KCOComics said:

Congrats! 

I hope they bring you a lot of enjoyment. 

Thank you! 

I already collected the batman for a time now and I was used to read online when it was a crossover but its not the same that to have the real book in your hands, so now i will be able to read these entire stories physically :) there are so much crazy storyline splited in the 2 titles that i hav not read yet, Knightfall, No man's Land, Murderer/fugitive. And if you look at the solo runs Detective has know some really summit during all these years, all the autors who worked on it did a great job, Dixon, Rucka, Dini and under the radar Gabrych, Lapham and more. 

I am also really curious about the backup stories, really cool to get some additional stuff in addition! 

About that... i dont read the books published after 2011 so i have an interrogation, are the backup story still existing in the new 52 and rebirth era?

Grats on a nice pick-up! I wonder how many other people missed it by keyword search thanks to 'hugh' lot. 

Posted (edited)
On 1/8/2024 at 7:12 AM, Cat said:

Grats on a nice pick-up! I wonder how many other people missed it by keyword search thanks to 'hugh' lot. 

Lot was follow by 3 people, Ebay price are totally random usually... so i often see some totally overpriced lot of modern, like 5 per books lol:facepalm: but sometimes there are some really nice continueous run like this one for 1 per book and im really surprised how longer i can take to move sometimes, for exemple there is now a lot of 200 Hellblazer for 1 each which are not moving for like 2 months... 

The only problem i can see with this kind of lot its that probably most of the people interested by a run already have started to collect issues with smaller lot so if they buy it they will have a lot of duplicate...

Edited by BA773

On 1/8/2024 at 1:44 AM, BA773 said:

Lot was follow by 3 people, Ebay price are totally random usually... so i often see some totally overpriced lot of modern, like 5 per books lol:facepalm: but sometimes there are some really nice continueous run like this one for 1 per book and im really surprised how longer i can take to move sometimes, for exemple there is now a lot of 200 Hellblazer for 1 each which are not moving for like 2 months... 

The only problem i can see with this kind of lot its that probably most of the people interested by a run already have started to collect issues with smaller lot so if they buy it they will have a lot of duplicate...

I yhink the shipping might be a problem from some 200 to 300 books-shipping might be pricey idk

On 1/9/2024 at 2:40 AM, Namtak said:

I yhink the shipping might be a problem from some 200 to 300 books-shipping might be pricey idk

You will spent more money on shipping if you buy them in several purchases and if idea was to find them all in the dollar box of your town, how to say... its almost a lost cause.

For me it was a golden opportunity because i live in Europe and the shipping was only 100 for 300 books!!! Its crazy i already paid this kind of ammount for less than 100 books

On 1/9/2024 at 2:44 AM, BA773 said:

You will spent more money on shipping if you buy them in several purchases and if idea was to find them all in the dollar box of your town, how to say... its almost a lost cause.

For me it was a golden opportunity because i live in Europe and the shipping was only 100 for 300 books!!! Its crazy i already paid this kind of ammount for less than 100 books

Post pictures when you get them!

Posted (edited)
On 1/9/2024 at 7:02 PM, Dave2739 said:

Post pictures when you get them!

Why not an unboxing video? It could be funny, i cannot imagine the size of the package actually lol

Edited by BA773

Not a really hugh fan of pricecharting.com but it still helping some time to give yourself an idea...

Its just that sometime the price are falsed because a bundle of book, or a variant or something are take into account on the average price of sale for an issue. However it still not to bad comparated to other websites.

So first i specify that most of the time you can obtain modern books in bulk quantity and you will for sure save money but here we just take the view on how much they are sold each alone. And yes sell indivually the books can take years, we know... its just to give an idea. 

So i started to make a rate for the individual average price of these books, and only issues the 100 first reach a total of 314 $. So yes we can tell that it was not a bad deallol

Edited by BA773

On 1/9/2024 at 2:42 PM, BA773 said:

Why not an unboxing video? It could be funny, i cannot imagine the size of the package actually lol

200 comics bagged and boarded will fill up 75% of a long box so I'd guess they would just pad the ends and then ship the whole long box.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:42 AM, BA773 said:

I know that for many people here it will not look  so good... 

But for me it is. Since i started the hobby i never crazily overpaid but many times i paid a bit more than i should have when i looking back...

I never joined before the "dollar bin" club, now its done! 

I found an amazing Det. Comics run of nearly 300 issues, exactly on the range of time i was looking for (1987-2011) .

So happy! Now i can sleep and come back the next year lol

Screenshot_20240107-142023_eBay.thumb.jpg.87c8db59773456e8093e048f38f3202a.jpg

Awesome find👍‼️