• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help my comics are at a pick up location
2 2

17 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hi

All submissions are delivered directly to our facility.  We do not go to the PO and pick up packages.  I expect that tracking will show differently by tomorrow.  What is the tracking number and packing slip number?  

The packing number is CGC9010757125

the tracking number is LA136285625NL this is a PostNL tracking number (Dutch equivalent of USPS, they transferred the package to USPS for local delivery

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tRef=fullpage&tLc=2&text28777=&tLabels=LA136285625NL%2C&tABt=false

this is my first time with CGC grading, is this where the actual PO Box is located or did something go wrong?

Edited by JoeriRitterbeeks

• Administrator

Thanks.  I am going to send this info to a senior customer service rep.  Please keep me advised of any change in tracking.  Once we receive your package, it may take a few weeks before it gets logged into our system.  Once it does, you will be able to track it's journey through the grading and encapsulation process.

• Administrator

You didn't do anything wrong.  Here is some info from CS.

According to the tracking, it just was delivered to the Sarasota post office today. Here is some wording we use when customers question the "available for pickup" status they see on the tracking.

We do not collect the mail from the post office.  It is all delivered directly to our office.  Due to a high volume of packages coming to our office, it can take time for the post office to scan and deliver all of the packages to us here at our location.  You will see that status change once it has been delivered to our office. 

You can also check the tracking any time on our website to see if it has been delivered.  It can take some time for the USPS to update the status on their end, so we have seen instances where the package was delivered but it took a couple of days for the status on the USPS tracking to change.  

image.png

Hopefully this helps!

Mike

• Administrator

Hi

It may have been a postal employee, as we don't pick up packages from USPS.  

We do not collect the mail from the post office.  It is all delivered directly to our office.  Due to a high volume of packages coming to our office, it can take time for the post office to scan and deliver all of the packages to us here at our location.  You will see that status change once it has been delivered to our office. 

You can also check the tracking any time on our website to see if it has been delivered.  It can take some time for the USPS to update the status on their end, so we have seen instances where the package was delivered but it took a couple of days for the status on the USPS tracking to change.  

On 1/10/2024 at 1:45 PM, JoeriRitterbeeks said:

Hello Mike, now it states that the comics have been picked up by an individual on the USPS website?

Hi Joe

I have the same tracking info on a package being sent from a collector in the US to me in Canada.  I googled the phrase and it appears that the individual is an employee of USPS moving the package from one location to another.  It's certainly confusing and I really think they should change the phrasing from individual to employee.

• Administrator
On 5/28/2024 at 12:37 PM, Caidendog said:

Hi my order was sent to the USPS po box location that was provided but it now is saying it avaliable for puck up so what should I do?

Hi

You do not need to do anything.  USPS delivers all of our packages to us.  We do not ever go to the PO, FedEx or UPS to pick up packages.  After we receive a package, I believe it takes about a week or so for a submission to get entered into our system.  

Mike

On 5/28/2024 at 9:51 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

You do not need to do anything.  USPS delivers all of our packages to us.  We do not ever go to the PO, FedEx or UPS to pick up packages.  After we receive a package, I believe it takes about a week or so for a submission to get entered into our system.  

Mike

maybe its already there, but maybe as part of the language on the website or the confirmations or on the submission forms there should be a section that explains this, as it seems like a pretty common query.

Neither of my last two parcels were scanned by CGC prior to being opened (so the "Confirm Package Delivery" feature on CGC's homepage may no longer be active/useful).  However, as Mike has noted above, your books should appear on your personal "My Submissions" page within about one week of the parcel being marked "Delivered" by USPS.  My last sub took 6 calendar days (4 business days) to be listed as "Received / Scheduled for Grading".  :foryou:

question @CGC Mike, im getting books id like to submit for the kirkham, but the cutoff is this friday... i might not have the books in my hand until friday... as i am close enough to Sarasota, to hand deliver said books, is that an option?

On 5/28/2024 at 4:59 PM, Fat Izzy said:

No, the public cannot drop off books at Sarasota. 

Did this change? I thought I saw a youtuber with purple hair and a big mouth taking her books there like a year ago. I stopped watching her videos because she was obnoxious.

On 5/28/2024 at 6:37 PM, Fat Izzy said:

Authorized dealers can drop stuff off, but the general public cannot.

Screenshot_20240528_183835_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b528b684e853c1255771dfb3551ba3a8.jpg

Oh! That would make sense. She had such arrogance about her I should have realized this.

• Administrator
On 5/28/2024 at 4:55 PM, forbiddenwon said:

question @CGC Mike, im getting books id like to submit for the kirkham, but the cutoff is this friday... i might not have the books in my hand until friday... as i am close enough to Sarasota, to hand deliver said books, is that an option?

As it has been said, you can't drop books off to us. Sorry.