• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So how did you all survive the forum outage of 2024?
3 3

40 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2024 at 9:38 AM, Robot Man said:

I didn’t know it was down…

Me either, it must not have been down very long.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:17 PM, Dr. Balls said:

When I first tried to log on this morning and finally got the home forum page to load, the newest post in the listed threads was 6 hours old.  It was a few more hours after that before I could sign in.

I was kicked off from being logged in, then tried everything (clearing cookies, etc.) to get back in.  When I checked a site that checks for website outages and realized there was nothing I could do to log back in, I slowly lost my sanity.  I ended up crying in a corner.

stewie.gif

• Administrator
On 1/16/2024 at 12:20 PM, namisgr said:
On 1/16/2024 at 12:17 PM, Dr. Balls said:

When I first tried to log on this morning and finally got the home forum page to load, the newest post in the listed threads was 6 hours old.  It was a few more hours after that before I could sign in.

There were two posts in 2 forums made by the same person.  Every one else was 2 hours earlier.  I believe the forum/website was down for about 10 hours.  I am not sure how that 1 person was able to make a few posts.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:27 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am not sure how that 1 person was able to make a few posts.

We now know who the hacker was.

On 1/16/2024 at 9:24 AM, ChiSoxFan said:

I was kicked off from being logged in, then tried everything (clearing cookies, etc.) to get back in.  When I checked a site that checks for website outages and realized there was nothing I could do to log back in, I slowly lost my sanity.  I ended up crying in a corner.

stewie.gif

:roflmao: