• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider Man #45
3 3

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

a lot going on here… I think it’s 2.0 or below but wanted to get the forums input on what they think. The TRFC missing piece pretty much goes through the whole book, as well as the other chunk out of the mid right FC. 

thanks to all in advance! 

IMG_9402.jpeg

IMG_9403.jpeg

IMG_9404.jpeg

IMG_9405.jpeg

IMG_9406.jpeg

IMG_9407.jpeg

IMG_9408.jpeg

IMG_9409.jpeg

IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_9411.jpeg

IMG_9412.jpeg

IMG_9413.jpeg

Multiple color breaking creases, blunted corners with color breaking creases, creased edges with small tears, moderate spine stress with color breaking stress lines/tears, cover off center, slight spine roll, cover appears to be loose, large pieces missing from top right corner and along outer edge.

IMO...The pieces missing are too severe to warrant any grade higher...FR/GD 1.5

VG 4.0 - As much as a 1/4" triangle can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" square is also acceptable

GD/VG 3.0 - A triangle from 1/4" to 1/2" can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" to 1/4" square is also acceptable. 

GD 2.0 - The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square, 

On 1/18/2024 at 1:00 PM, marvelmaniac said:

Multiple color breaking creases, blunted corners with color breaking creases, creased edges with small tears, moderate spine stress with color breaking stress lines/tears, cover off center, slight spine roll, cover appears to be loose, large pieces missing from top right corner and along outer edge.

IMO...The pieces missing are too severe to warrant any grade higher...FR/GD 1.5

VG 4.0 - As much as a 1/4" triangle can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" square is also acceptable

GD/VG 3.0 - A triangle from 1/4" to 1/2" can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" to 1/4" square is also acceptable. 

GD 2.0 - The largest piece allowed missing from the front or back cover is usually a 1/2" triangle or a 1/4" square, 

Thank you for clearing that up for me

Edited by Bmattioli86

1.8/2.0. 2.0 seems like a stretch, but the piece out of the cover wouldn't preclude being in the 2s, it's just a question of how hard the chucks out of the inner wraps are dinged. I can see if tipping either direction depending on who's doing the grading. If you lurk around long enough, you can find CGC graded books with 2s & 3s that seem to have no business being graded that high to this collector's eye.

On 1/18/2024 at 5:24 PM, scburdet said:

1.8/2.0. 2.0 seems like a stretch, but the piece out of the cover wouldn't preclude being in the 2s, it's just a question of how hard the chucks out of the inner wraps are dinged. I can see if tipping either direction depending on who's doing the grading. If you lurk around long enough, you can find CGC graded books with 2s & 3s that seem to have no business being graded that high to this collector's eye.

I fully agree with you. For as laxed as things have become, I have seen many books recently with eyebrow raising grades.

having you and everyone else take a look at my books and give me your opinions on grades has really helped me learn the process   

On 1/19/2024 at 4:24 PM, tmac100 said:

My take: The missing piece alone takes you down to a 3.0 max.  With everything else going on, it's probably a 1.5.  Or a 2.0 on a really good day.

There’s multiple missing pieces on the right side of the book that go through the whole book. There is A LOT going on aside from it being attached surprisingly. So it’s always interesting to see everyone’s input as they pick it apart