• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Larry Shell Benefit Auctions Begin Today on Heritage!

3 posts in this topic

Larry Shell Benefit Art Auction on Heritage for Taxes & Garage Demolition

Longtime collector and comics professional, Larry Shell, is having a difficult time right now. Due to his being disabled from two spinal surgeries over the past ten years, he is unable to work and earn a living anymore. This has caused his home of close to 50 years to fall into disrepair and the township he lives in has given him a limited time to make at least some of the repairs or face consequences of thousands of dollars in fines. which could ultimately lead to the house being condemned. It is livable and just needs a lot of work.

To this end, Larry has contacted many of his comic book and strip cartoonist friends to donate a piece of Original Art for an auction to help pay for the repairs, starting with his garage which is leaning badly and needs to be demolished! This needs to be dealt with asap!

In addition, property taxes for 2023 are overdue and non-payment would result in the township putting the house up for tax sale!

Among the artists who have generously donated an original to help are: Dave Sim, Walter Simonson, Rick Parker, Mitch O’Connell, Timothy Truman, Butch Guice, Joseph Michael Linsner, Ron Randall, Gary Hallgren, Val Mayerik, Mike Vosburg, Roger Langridge, Hunt Emerson, Bob Smith and others!

The auctions are part of the weekly Heritage Wednesday Comic Art & Animation Select Auction #322404 and will be open for bids starting today, Wednesday, January 17th at 7pm CST and end on Wednesday, January 24th.

To view all the auctions being held for the benefit, click on the link below!

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+1067+793+794+791+1893+792+2088+4294938100&Nf=&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&Nty=1&Ntt=larry+shell&ic4=KeywordSearch-A-K-X-071316

Jones-Randall_Crusades10_Pg7.jpg

Linsner_DejahThorus.jpg

Simonson_BetaRayBill_ALT.jpg

Edited by Sheltone
Link correction

For some reason, once the auctions went live, the link I originally posted no longer works! I have replaced it with a new one which will bring you to all of my auctions running on the weekly Heritage Wednesday Comic Art & Animation Select Auction #322404. I apologize for any inconvenience but now you can click away!