• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Con 2024 - Baltimore MD - September 20-22 2024 - First Batch of Guests Announced!
4 4

43 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2024 at 8:13 PM, Spideybono said:

Hello, I just got into grading comics so I am going to drop some off at the show.  Would someone be able to explain exactly what I need to do before the show or can I just whatever needs to be done at the show?  Also, do I get the books back that weekend or will they be shipped to me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam

If going through CGC, see this recent post from CGC x JSA - https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/13120/baltimore-comic-con/. Looks like more details will be announced when it gets closer.

Also, if it helps, see what they did at other conventions like at the recent SDCC to get an idea - https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/13025/sdcc-2024/

Edited by waynemel
correct link

On 8/22/2024 at 10:28 AM, waynemel said:

If going through CGC, see this recent post from CGC x JSA - https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/13120/baltimore-comic-con/. Looks like more details will be announced when it gets closer.

Also, if it helps, see what they did at other conventions like at the recent SDCC to get an idea - https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/13120/baltimore-comic-con/

Pretty soon the CGC site should have a form available that you fill out, print and take to the show with your books.  Be prepared to stand in line.  It will be congested and a bit of a wait but the CGC staff are great!  

I’ve submitted books for on-site grading at Baltimore twice. Both times I submitted Friday mid day and they were not ready for pickup until later Sunday afternoon just before the end of the show.  I don’t know if they will have options where you could do same day grading and pickup or not but worth asking them ahead of time. I called ahead the first time I attended and they explained how it all worked. Very Friendly staff.  

Updated list of guest cancellations 😞

CANCELLED GUESTS

Unfortunately, the following have cancelled their appearance at the upcoming Baltimore Comic-Con.

Hey Folks,

Alex and I will once again be attending and set up in booth #909. We have replenished our inventory since Chicago, with probably 250+ new CGC books since that show and are also bringing more than 1,000 new raw books to be added to our ungraded inventory.

We completely overhauled our raw inventory right before Heroes, so this is a great time to go digging through our boxes. Of course, we will also be bringing close to 600 slabs all priced and ready to go.

Hope to see some of you there!

BATMAN 40 FRONT long_file_name_0001.jpg

BATMAN 50 FRONT long_file_name_0001.jpg

BATMAN 189 FRONT long_file_name_0001.jpg

GHOST RIDER 1 FRONT long_file_name_0001.jpg

HANGMAN COMICS 3 FRONT long_file_name_0001.jpg

SUB-MARINER COMICS 9 FRONT long_file_name_0001.jpg

• Administrator

CGC Comics

412b9c54-1297-4d18-bd85-bfe3e83765ff.jpg

CGC x JSA On-site Grading at Baltimore Comic Con Starts Tomorrow!

Baltimore Comic Con is almost here and CGC x JSA are READY! ICYMI, we’re the Official Authentication and Grading Service of Baltimore Comic Con, happening September 20-22, and we're grading comics on-site. Get your books back by the end of the show!

We’ve got some special goodies in store for you too! Stop by for fun giveaways at booth #1320. Join us for:

Our fan-favorite pin giveaway

Meet the Grader with Shawn Caffrey, CGC Comics Vice President — Friday and Saturday, from 3-4 p.m.

The Golden Egg Treasure Hunt

A “Comic Book Grading 101 with CGC Comics” panel with Shawn Caffrey, Saturday, from 1-1:45 p.m. in Rooms 343-344.

And our Submit & Snag 2024 5.0 Wolverine and 8.5 Batman anniversary submission pins!

On-site grading submissions are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. CGC expects extremely high demand and space is limited, so submitters are encouraged to submit at the start of the show. All you need is a free CGC account to submit for on-site grading, but paid membership discounts also apply.

657a6280-0988-4b91-a9f5-e625670162e6.png

Comic books will be accepted for CGC x JSA on-site certification all weekend long. However, autographed memorabilia will be accepted for JSA on-site authentication on Friday and Saturday only. Regular submissions of comics, cards, video games and home video collectibles will also be accepted.

For the latest information, follow us on our social channels: @CGCcomics, @CGCsignatureseries, @jsaloa, @CGCcards, @CGCvideogames and @CGChomevideo.

http://image.email.cgccards.com/lib/fe2d117371640479711c76/m/1/6da9730c-9195-4cdf-be76-8afcea31c0e9.png

On 9/19/2024 at 10:00 PM, ttfitz said:

In the unlikely event anyone cares, I will be attending all three days again this year with my daughter. And this time if I see @greggy I will stop and say hello whether he looks busy or not!

He’s never busy. 

I saw this morning that Mark Waid cancelled. I think he was still listed yesterday. Did he cut his visit short or did they just not update the site? This one really disappoints me. I'm taking my son tomorrow as an early birthday present and he wanted to meet Wait to get one of his Avengers comics featuring Kang signed. He has wanted this specific comic signed for 2 years. :(

Nice crowd today which took awhile to get going but it was pretty packed by mid day.  Met some more board members to put a face to the name and it’s always great to talk to the usual suspects.   Not an issue finding nice books but the lack of hot spec books means you have to be very diligent to not buy too much of the discounted books that are everywhere.  One booth had 50% everything including slabs which was interesting to see.

Edited by 1Cool