• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Evil Ernie #1 *Grade Is In!*
3 3

14 posts in this topic

Mostly just the color breaking ticks here. Also some light creasing on the front/back that is not color breaking and should press nicely, along with a slight indent TRBC (pictured) that is also non-CB and should hopefully smooth out.

Thoughts pre/post press? This one should be going out soon.

IMG_7443.jpeg

IMG_7444.jpeg

IMG_7445.jpeg

IMG_7446.jpeg

IMG_7447.jpeg

IMG_7448.jpeg

IMG_7449.jpeg

IMG_7450.jpeg

IMG_7451.jpeg

IMG_7452.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg

Edited by Nschenks

Minor spine stress with multiple stress lines/spine ticks some of which break color, long color breaking scratch along lower spine.

IMO...

7.0 FINE/VERY FINE (FN/VF):  Back to Top
An above-average copy that shows minor wear but is still relatively flat and clean with outstanding eye appeal. A small accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases. Corners may be blunted. Inks are generally bright with a moderate reduction in reflectivity. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. Minor foxing. The slightest spine roll may be present, as well as a possible moderate color break. Staples may show some discoloration. Slight staple tears and a small accumulation of light stress lines may be present. Slight rust migration. Paper is cream to tan. Centerfold is mostly secure. Minor interior tears at the margin may be present.

On 1/22/2024 at 1:39 PM, marvelmaniac said:

Minor spine stress with multiple stress lines/spine ticks some of which break color, long color breaking scratch along lower spine.

IMO...

7.0 FINE/VERY FINE (FN/VF):  Back to Top
An above-average copy that shows minor wear but is still relatively flat and clean with outstanding eye appeal. A small accumulation of minor bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases. Corners may be blunted. Inks are generally bright with a moderate reduction in reflectivity. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. Minor foxing. The slightest spine roll may be present, as well as a possible moderate color break. Staples may show some discoloration. Slight staple tears and a small accumulation of light stress lines may be present. Slight rust migration. Paper is cream to tan. Centerfold is mostly secure. Minor interior tears at the margin may be present.

Just to clarify, there’s no color breaking scratch—it’s just light reflecting on the spine (unless you’re talking about something else I missed). Sorry for the glare! I don’t have a scanner.

On 1/22/2024 at 1:46 PM, Nsschenks said:

Just to clarify, there’s no color breaking scratch—it’s just light reflecting on the spine (unless you’re talking about something else I missed). Sorry for the glare! I don’t have a scanner.

If that is glare and not a color breaking scratch then, yes, the book should grade higher, possibly a VF 8.0 to VF+ 8.5, all depends on how the grader feels about color breaking stress lines on that particular day, lots of gray areas with wording.

Just for spine stress only...

NM- 9.2 to NM 9.4 - Almost no stress lines

VF/NM 9.0 - A very minor accumulation of stress lines may be present if they are nearly imperceptible.

VF 8.0 - Very slight staple tears and a few almost insignificant stress lines may be present.

FN/VF 7.0 - Slight staple tears and a small accumulation of light stress lines may be present. 

FN 6.0 - Minor staple tears and a few slight stress lines may be present,

IMG_7443.thumb.jpeg.cf34eed16752c39785a0f93332e37f6b.jpg

On 1/23/2024 at 12:23 PM, marvelmaniac said:

If that is glare and not a color breaking scratch then, yes, the book should grade higher, possibly a VF 8.0 to VF+ 8.5, all depends on how the grader feels about color breaking stress lines on that particular day, lots of gray areas with wording.

Just for spine stress only...

NM- 9.2 to NM 9.4 - Almost no stress lines

VF/NM 9.0 - A very minor accumulation of stress lines may be present if they are nearly imperceptible.

VF 8.0 - Very slight staple tears and a few almost insignificant stress lines may be present.

FN/VF 7.0 - Slight staple tears and a small accumulation of light stress lines may be present. 

FN 6.0 - Minor staple tears and a few slight stress lines may be present,

IMG_7443.thumb.jpeg.cf34eed16752c39785a0f93332e37f6b.jpg

Yeah, I've looked at other graded copies of this book and they're all over the place in terms of number of spine ticks. Hope my luck is good that day lol. Thanks for the feedback! (and yep, that line is just reflected light--I'll try and get better pictures next time I post a book here).

On 1/23/2024 at 12:37 PM, Nsschenks said:

Yeah, I've looked at other graded copies of this book and they're all over the place in terms of number of spine ticks. Hope my luck is good that day lol. Thanks for the feedback! (and yep, that line is just reflected light--I'll try and get better pictures next time I post a book here).

I have always found that if I take pics using artificial lighting you get glare and shadows, good luck on the grading.

Maybe the most suspect of the grades I got back in my last sub. Seemed like too many spine ticks to warrant this high of a grade. That said, I can't complain--and it is quite clean otherwise. Press definitely helped the presentation of this substantially.

EE1-1.jpg

Would've said 9.4 but the result doesn't surprise me. Nice. Thanks for updating the forum.

On 4/8/2024 at 1:32 PM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

There has never been a better time to slab then right now...................

I always think that until I get my submissions back.