• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men #107 *Grade Is In!*
3 3

10 posts in this topic

Super tough book in high grade—this one’s a beaut.

Couple of very fine CB ticks toward bottom of the front cover, slightly touched BRFC corner, and some light soiling along spine and back cover that should clean up (no foxing I could detect). Also bindery tears top and bottom spine—bottom one is borderline I think for being allowable as a production defect, but it should present better after a press.

The 1/8 bend top left corner of the BC doesn’t appear to break fibers, so I’m hoping it’ll smooth out post-press. Same for a couple of non-CB ticks on the BC. Hard to tell with these kind of defects on white covers though, until the book is actually pressed.

Thoughts pre/post press? Going out soon.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_7354.jpeg

IMG_7355.jpeg

IMG_7356.jpeg

IMG_7357.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

IMG_7359.jpeg

IMG_7360.jpeg

IMG_7361.jpeg

IMG_7362.jpeg

IMG_7363.jpeg

IMG_7364.jpeg

IMG_7365.jpeg

Edited by Nschenks

On 1/23/2024 at 1:42 PM, ChiGuy65 said:

Very nice copy. I think it presses to a 9.2. I really love this book and surprised it isn't worth a bit more given the great cover, source material and apparent scarcity in higher grades..

Same! One of my favorite X-Men covers.

Would've said 9.4. Corners looked a little soft for it's certified grade. Thanks for updating the forum.