• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Proxy Bidding at OAX - or Are You Going to Bidding In-Person?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I placed my bid last night via email, and then tried to confirm it today by sending the same offer through the artwork page on the item I am bidding on - deadline is midnight tonight.

This is my first time doing this type of bidding, anyone else trying it out?

Edited by Dr. Balls

A couple pieces caught my eye but I won't be attending OAX or placing any proxy bids.

This is probably a first for CAF as well.  I would assume your e-mail was received.  You'll probably have better luck getting a response tomorrow.  A few years ago, CAF built their own auction system.  I guess it didn't get enough attention and it's no longer there.  I sold a piece on it.  It would've been exciting to see if they ran that in conjunction with the live bids at OAX. 

On 1/22/2024 at 6:50 PM, Will_K said:

A couple pieces caught my eye but I won't be attending OAX or placing any proxy bids.

This is probably a first for CAF as well.  I would assume your e-mail was received.  You'll probably have better luck getting a response tomorrow.  A few years ago, CAF built their own auction system.  I guess it didn't get enough attention and it's no longer there.  I sold a piece on it.  It would've been exciting to see if they ran that in conjunction with the live bids at OAX. 

I did hear from them about an hour ago, so my bid is in! I'm interested in hearing how the auction goes from the attendees.