• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Happened to the Hide Option for Posts?
4 4

80 posts in this topic

• Administrator

After meeting with the IT guys, they contacted Invision.  Here is what they said:

"Invision has gotten back to us about the ability to hide posts and here is what they said: "Unfortunately, no - the Topics options applies to both entire topics as well as individual posts. There is no way to do one or the other." So it looks like there is no way for users to hide JUST their posts. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Gee, I could have sworn that we could edit just posts at one time.  Also, because of a company wide e-mail address change, I have been denied access to their forum.  I will tell IT that only Invision is 100% wrong, as only posts were able to be hidden previously since February 2017.   I am not sure it will have a positive ending.

On 3/4/2024 at 8:14 PM, CGC Mike said:

After meeting with the IT guys, they contacted Invision.  Here is what they said:

"Invision has gotten back to us about the ability to hide posts and here is what they said: "Unfortunately, no - the Topics options applies to both entire topics as well as individual posts. There is no way to do one or the other." So it looks like there is no way for users to hide JUST their posts. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Gee, I could have sworn that we could edit just posts at one time.  Also, because of a company wide e-mail address change, I have been denied access to their forum.  I will tell IT that only Invision is 100% wrong, as only posts were able to be hidden previously since February 2017.   I am not sure it will have a positive ending.

So they took a functionality that existed without issue and concluded that the existing functionality doesn't actually exist.

• Administrator
On 3/4/2024 at 8:48 PM, Ryan. said:

So they took a functionality that existed without issue and concluded that the existing functionality doesn't actually exist.

Yes.  Other problems exist as well.  I didn't appreciate the President of CCG forwarding me an e-mail  with question marks he got regarding reported content.   All of the admins at CGC got them.  Part of my tool box was missing for days.  I think the problem people are having with their phone and posting pics was caused by this "update."  

Anyhow, I have reopened the ticket and demanded a meeting with Invision...

On 3/4/2024 at 7:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

Yes.  Other problems exist as well.  I didn't appreciate the President of CCG forwarding me an e-mail  with question marks he got regarding reported content.   All of the admins at CGC got them.  Part of my tool box was missing for days.  I think the problem people are having with their phone and posting pics was caused by this "update."  

Anyhow, I have reopened the ticket and demanded a meeting with Invision...

Prayers Mike 😅

If in person, chew some gum 😜 or wear a tie with a brief case, haha, something to get down to brass tax lol

But if that was truly their answer, then that is more "alarming for using them as a service if they can't be 'honest' or 'knowledgable' idk"

But report higher up, if your suspicious 😦😔

Anyway prayers 

Idk if it matters to some but it came in handy on the phone and tablet.

If you were on the home screen and clicked on a thread

to read a new post, read it, and then hit your phone or tablet back arrow and went back to the main page...

the thread would be marked as read and you could then do the same with other threads  :)

All that was easier than hitting either of these two, which still mark it read idk. Maybe small potatoes 

Screenshot_20240305_192330_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Administrator

So, CGC has not been able to get my access to the Invision forum restored.  Also, the only person we have to fix forum problems is me.  :smile:

On 3/7/2024 at 12:43 PM, CGC Mike said:

So, CGC has not been able to get my access to the Invision forum restored.  Also, the only person we have to fix forum problems is me.  :smile:

that seems about par for the course with CGC. 

• Administrator

The problem is, our Senior Site Reliability Engineer is no longer employed with the company.  I am hoping a replacement will be found.

• Administrator

I can make an adjustment that will allow everyone to hide their posts.  The problem is, all of the OP"s can hide their thread.  I am sure most here would be upset if threads with 500 to 1000 pages were no longer visible.

On 3/5/2024 at 7:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Idk if it matters to some but it came in handy on the phone and tablet.

If you were on the home screen and clicked on a thread

to read a new post, read it, and then hit your phone or tablet back arrow and went back to the main page...

the thread would be marked as read and you could then do the same with other threads  :)

All that was easier than hitting either of these two, which still mark it read idk. Maybe small potatoes 

Screenshot_20240305_192330_Samsung Internet.jpg

Of Course! It still works this way on the regular computer, but not on the tablet nor phone :insane:

idk just strikes me as odd :foryou: 

This whole 'Hide' option nonsense is the last straw for me.  I've seen what other sellers' threads look like when they can't hide listings that sold, which in my opinion keeps the sales thread looking tidy.  Now sellers either 'edit' a listing to show it's been sold, or they remove the listing by typing in a word, i.e. 'Removed'.  I prefer to hide stuff so that the thread stays short and tidy-looking, but that's me.

I've decided I will no longer sell anything here after one more go with my CGC slabs.  Once that sales thread ends, I'll be walking away.  After stepping away from the boards for about 5/6 months a while back, nothing has changed in the 10 months I've been back.  I've got better things to do, and I don't need the aggravation anymore. :(

Thanks for all your hard work, Mike.  You're pretty much battling a brick wall concerning CGC I.T. and those jack-holes at Invision.  I wish you all the best.  I wouldn't want your job for all the comics in the world....except maybe a raw, mid-grade copy of TEC #27. :)

Edited by Galen130

• Administrator

Hey all

I have just found a plugin that was disabled.  I have enabled it and resaved the permissions.  Currently, it is working.  So, you should be able to now hide your posts again.  Let me know if this fix fails again.