• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Negro Romance #4
6 6

34 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2024 at 8:02 PM, StephenAB said:

If this is not correct place to Post this, Please move it, or direct me where I should put this. I don't post much on this platform, but I read alot, I thought I would take a chance. I've been collecting 1st Black Appearance and Black People in Comics and covers for half of my entire collecting Life and I'm almost done. That was my Goal and Passion. My Negro Comic titled part of my collection is almost done, just Missing Negro Romance #4, tough book to find. I thought I would take a chance and see if any of you Awesome collectors, with stashes sometimes, could spare a book or keep me in mind. I thought All-Negro was hard, but Negro Romance #4 is a tough one for me. Just trying to complete the Title. Any advice or help is helpful.

IMG_20240108_212311_585.webp

FB_IMG_1684008818692.jpg

Wow, that's an amazing set! Well done! :applause:

I've long hoped to add one of the Negro Romance books to my collection, but no luck so far. And like a few people in this thread already, I foolishly didn't pursue a #4 that came up for sale years ago, and regret it today. Ah well!

On 1/24/2024 at 7:14 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I don't have it, but are you only looking for books with flattering covers of black people...or "everything"?  If "everything", do you have these? 

33480830328_e107da5cef_c.jpg

16545577245_9ccbec7c15_c.jpg

52568008160_ec3258db90_c.jpg

51126798062_f863d67cee_c.jpg

Those Are Great Books and wonderful copies, and I have them. I'm only missing less than 20 books, to complete this journey. Thank you

I may have this wrong - But a few years ago, @Ricksneatstuff was selling an All-Negro Comics.

I can't remember the number, but I remember him mentioning how rare it was.

I don't remember if it sold or who it sold to. I tagged him for more insight and hopefully my memory isn't completely off!! 

Very cool collection! I've never owned any of those books! 

On 1/24/2024 at 9:14 PM, KCOComics said:

I may have this wrong - But a few years ago, @Ricksneatstuff was selling an All-Negro Comics.

I can't remember the number, but I remember him mentioning how rare it was.

I don't remember if it sold or who it sold to. I tagged him for more insight and hopefully my memory isn't completely off!! 

Very cool collection! I've never owned any of those books! 

Time flies fast because that would have been probably five years ago. I don’t recall who bought it though 

On 1/24/2024 at 10:16 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Time flies fast because that would have been probably five years ago. I don’t recall who bought it though 

Thanks Rick - out of curiosity, do you remember if it was a #4? 

On 1/24/2024 at 8:52 PM, Point Five said:

And like a few people in this thread already, I foolishly didn't pursue a #4 that came up for sale years ago, and regret it today. Ah well!

Same here. It's become my ultimate grail book.

I don’t think I have ever run into a Negro Romance issue for sale. Certainly, never at a live show or EBay. #4 would be the one I would jump on first if I were ever gave the opportunity.

Seems, I have seen tons of the books pictured here with blacks in a humorous situation or giveaway books.

Good luck in your quest.

Negro Romance #4 is a bit of a weird book when you dig a bit deeper.

1.  It was published almost 5 years after Fawcett published #3. 

2.  The entire book, save the cover, is a reprint of #2.  

3.  The only thing original about #4 is the cover which is drawn as opposed to the first three which were photo covers.

I ask the question - why was this book even published?  Anyone know any details?