• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leonardi Signings
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Anyone get these back yet?  I know the cutoff was mid-November for submissions so it's not been very long but just curious.

I sent in 2 books for signature, pressing, and grading before cutoff and have not gotten them back yet.  Status on them still indicates " Received at CCS". So I'm still waiting patiently to get them back as well. 

On 2/5/2024 at 10:48 PM, Roger L. said:

I sent in 2 books for signature, pressing, and grading before cutoff and have not gotten them back yet.  Status on them still indicates " Received at CCS". So I'm still waiting patiently to get them back as well. 

Thanks man - I sent an email on Friday to support and just got this back (snipped from longer message)

"Currently, this signing has not yet been completed. Once these books have been signed, then your order will be processed through its 8-week estimated turnaround time. At this time, we do not have a confirmed signing date that will be taking place that we can share with the public. While this signing is scheduled for the near future, we do not share these dates in case until after the signing."

So - hasn't happened yet!

Edited by roach04

On 2/6/2024 at 3:30 PM, waynemel said:

On his X account, he posted several pics of some of the signing and remarques on books has he has...go to Rick Leonardi

Wow - those look great!  And since I sent neither a 2099 #1 nor a Spider-Man #365, I might see my actual books in Rick's pile (assuming those are the ones for this sig series.)  And really regret I didn't get a sketch cover.

On 2/6/2024 at 7:05 AM, roach04 said:

Thanks man - I sent an email on Friday to support and just got this back (snipped from longer message)

"Currently, this signing has not yet been completed. Once these books have been signed, then your order will be processed through its 8-week estimated turnaround time. At this time, we do not have a confirmed signing date that will be taking place that we can share with the public. While this signing is scheduled for the near future, we do not share these dates in case until after the signing."

So - hasn't happened yet!

Oh, thats good to know.  First time doing one of their in-house signings.  Was expecting the signings to be scheduled already and completed shortly after their submission deadline . . . guess not.  All good tho, I can wait. Thank you.

On 2/7/2024 at 5:18 PM, Roger L. said:

Oh, thats good to know.  First time doing one of their in-house signings.  Was expecting the signings to be scheduled already and completed shortly after their submission deadline . . . guess not.  All good tho, I can wait. Thank you.

Definitely no rhyme or reason with their private signings. I've seen some happen within a few weeks of the deadline, and others that have ended up 3-6 months after the deadline. Feels like they typically have a guess as to when it would work for the artist/creator, then schedule the deadline accordingly. But, also feels like that can change a lot as it's based on the artists openings, not CGC's. So, the deadline unfortunately doesn't tell you anything in the long run! :flamed:

Edited by Skippeydoo

On 2/28/2024 at 10:05 PM, Roger L. said:

FYI - I just got movement on mine today.  Status changed to "Scheduled for Grading" and I now have a clickable link for Submission #.

Thanks for posting this Roger - mine have the same movement!