• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this your Comic Book? CGC Shipped me the wrong Comic
3 3

28 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 3/4/2024 at 5:19 PM, Fixer7640 said:

Do you need anything else from me at the moment? Or you have what you need from me?

I did copy and paste both your and i8beef's posts into the e-mail that I originally started about your missing book.  I also mentioned the switch that needed to take place, and i8beef will still have 3 missing books.  I was not asked for any more info.   The operations manager told me this:

"The team has been looking into these to get them back to their original submitters." 

On 3/4/2024 at 8:42 PM, CGC Mike said:

I did copy and paste both your and i8beef's posts into the e-mail that I originally started about your missing book.  I also mentioned the switch that needed to take place, and i8beef will still have 3 missing books.  I was not asked for any more info.   The operations manager told me this:

"The team has been looking into these to get them back to their original submitters." 

Thanks Mike. 
It’s always just a little frustrating to get the “management” non-committal answers. 
I appreciate you though. And everyone who is working to get i8beef’s and my books back to us!

Out of curiosity, did they get your book back to you? Just wondering because my ME is still pending review three months later...

On 6/8/2024 at 2:45 PM, i8beef said:

Out of curiosity, did they get your book back to you? Just wondering because my ME is still pending review three months later...

Call them every week, gotta keep up the pressure

• Administrator
On 6/8/2024 at 5:45 PM, i8beef said:

I will bump the e-mail regarding this right now.  I hope to have some info for you Monday or Tuesday.

LOL well I dont know what pull you have to fix issues here, but they just sent me the book back...

It's someone else's book. Again. And not even cover B, its cover C, and again sans-Claremont signature. In fact... yup its one of the slab numbers (4321191003) you sent me incorrectly in the first place, but with a different book in it, and its not even one of the two C covers you sent me before, so you screwed up yet another persons book...... and even better, the census PIC is of some other B cover, but now here's a slab with that number that is the C cover.

Man, now I don't even trust your census to be accurate when BUYING CGC slabs... this is BAD.

Edited by i8beef

• Administrator
On 7/27/2024 at 2:54 PM, i8beef said:

LOL well I dont know what pull you have to fix issues here, but they just sent me the book back...

It's someone else's book. Again. And not even cover B, its cover C, and again sans-Claremont signature. In fact... yup its one of the slab numbers (4321191003) you sent me incorrectly in the first place, but with a different book in it, and its not even one of the two C covers you sent me before, so you screwed up yet another persons book...... and even better, the census PIC is of some other B cover, but now here's a slab with that number that is the C cover.

Man, now I don't even trust your census to be accurate when BUYING CGC slabs... this is BAD.

Hi

I am sorry this has not yet been resolved.  I sent another e-mail, and added a senior customer service rep.

Mike

This is ridiculous. Look a bit down the sub for a post-made titled "I am done with cgc" and read some of the comments in the Wolverine 50th anniversary thread. 

Waited for months to get my Marvel Superheroes 20 back from being signed by Roy Thomas. FedEx shows up and I'm like a kid in a candy store I'm so excited. Open it up and it's the correct case, has all the information about my book but the book is Justice League of America 110... Different publisher, completely different cover, completely different color scheme on the cover. They had also uploaded the wrong pictures to my account. So they made extra sure that they put their screw up proudly on display.

I spoke to three different customer service reps via text because I wanted everything in writing, got very generic answers and I asked for the contact info of the supervisor or if a supervisor could contact me back four times. I was outright and bluntly told they would not give that to me and that they had to do their "investigation" and it could take a couple weeks. That book has massive sentimental value to me, in addition to that it was one of 46 signed copies on the register. 

I finally was beyond frustrated and told them that the next communication I want to hear by end of business day (which was still 4 hours away) was from a supervisor or my next step would be to print off the chat and head to my bank on Monday and initiate the chargeback process.

15 minutes later I got an email from the guy who apparently oversaw that specific signing. The entire process I've been through now of dealing with it, and the previous month a massive issue with them and getting a book back to me. It has been sitting there for 6 weeks. It was a canceled order but they can't tell me if it was broken out of the case, if it's in the case, if it was broken out and it's getting regraded, I've been told five different things so I honestly have no idea what is going on with that book aside from the fact that it's still sitting there.

Edit to add- to be fair they have given me more attention, and Brittany reached out to me. I'll be honest I haven't been the most pleasant with them but that stems from the incident itself and then the absolutely unprofessional rank and file customer service I received. But I shouldn't make it seem like they are doing absolutely nothing. We'll see how it goes from here.

I wish you luck, but from this experience, it echoes not only my own but quite a few other people's experiences with misplaced or wrongly sent books. They told me they had found mine, and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt but I don't fully believe it. In fact my trust level is so low with them that it is crossed by mind that the other person who owned the JLA book was looking for it, they knew I had it, so they told me to send it back in so I could get my book, but they don't actually have my book. They were just saying that so they could get the other book back. Kind of an outlandish thought, but the last 3 months have made me feel that it's not outside the realm of possibility.

The thing that got me was they kept using the phrase "we apologize for this inconvenience". An inconvenience would be getting a slab that was scratched or cracked. Or had a typo on the info. Losing something that is a one-of-a-kind to you personally, and then being treated in such an indifferent manner is a lot more than an inconvenience. Personally I am 100% done with their signature Series. This sub is becoming more and more full of posts about disastrous things than it is people showing off the awesome books they got. They seem to be happening in larger and more frequent amounts at an exponential rate.

My biggest advice, speak to only one single person there about it. As soon as it starts branching off to different people it becomes a nightmare very fast and you'll start getting completely different answers.

Edited by lollyclown
Additional information