• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations for Moving Bulk Comics and Graphic Novels.
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I have been trying to thin out my collection lately and realize that I have a lot that I am willing to let go of.

I probably have 7 boxes of NM moderns all bagged and boarded. Full and partial runs, some individual issues. Mostly Marvel and DC stuff from the last 10 years or so. 

I also have probably 80 graphic novels consisting of trade paperbacks, hardcovers, and some omnibus. Some of the HC and Omni are still sealed, and 95% are in like-new condition with typical shelf wear. 

I do sell stuff online, but think it would take too much time to list all of these individually, and not sure when or if I will have time to take pictures and list all of these. 

Checking to see if anyone has any recommendations for selling collections in bulk. Has anyone had any luck? I figure a comic shape A.) Probably doesn't want to buy a larger collection of new stuff (even though a lot of the graphic novels are out of print), B.) even if they did, I imagine they would literally give you pennies on the dollar. 

Anyways, just curious if anyone had any recommendations. 

Thanks

You can do it right here on the boards. However,:rulez:This is for book listings only.

Watch another listing here. One of the successful one's of course and it will give you a template of what to do and how to do it.

Selling here will save you up to 20% over something like eBay.

On 1/30/2024 at 6:00 PM, mytastebud said:

You can do it right here on the boards. However,:rulez:This is for book listings only.

Watch another listing here. One of the successful one's of course and it will give you a template of what to do and how to do it.

Could you clarify what you mean by book listings only?  The Forum bread trail says "Comics> Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area> Mixed Age Threads and Misc".  Seems like a place to sell comics, books, tpb's, etc.  Maybe I'm missing something.

If you're just looking to get rid of them - donations are great.  I've offloaded a few long boxes that way.  I've also found that as soon as you realize you're not going to read them again or you need space or that they're entirely worthless, it's easy to take $200 for a long box - or less - to get them out.  (I've actually been lucky enough to find a few stores that'll do $250-300 in credit.  One such deal I gave the guy 3 long boxes and got 2 nice books "in trade"!)

On 1/30/2024 at 7:38 PM, mikenyc said:

It’s an area meant strictly for listing books for sale, not inquiring on the best methods or how to sell books on the boards. 

Oh, I get it. I interpreted as "You could do it here, but you can't do it here." I didn't see that the 2 "it"s meant different things.

On 1/30/2024 at 5:00 PM, mytastebud said:

Thanks for your diligence to the board's rules. Where would one post an inquiry like mine? 

On 1/30/2024 at 6:38 PM, mikenyc said:

It’s an area meant strictly for listing books for sale, not inquiring on the best methods or how to sell books on the boards. 

Thanks for your comment/clarification. 

On 1/30/2024 at 4:13 PM, BCoffee said:

Hello, 

I have been trying to thin out my collection lately and realize that I have a lot that I am willing to let go of.

I probably have 7 boxes of NM moderns all bagged and boarded. Full and partial runs, some individual issues. Mostly Marvel and DC stuff from the last 10 years or so. 

I also have probably 80 graphic novels consisting of trade paperbacks, hardcovers, and some omnibus. Some of the HC and Omni are still sealed, and 95% are in like-new condition with typical shelf wear. 

I do sell stuff online, but think it would take too much time to list all of these individually, and not sure when or if I will have time to take pictures and list all of these. 

Checking to see if anyone has any recommendations for selling collections in bulk. Has anyone had any luck? I figure a comic shape A.) Probably doesn't want to buy a larger collection of new stuff (even though a lot of the graphic novels are out of print), B.) even if they did, I imagine they would literally give you pennies on the dollar. 

Anyways, just curious if anyone had any recommendations. 

Thanks

Depending on price, I would be interested in a bulk purchase.