• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do limited edition Zenescope books hold their value?

3 posts in this topic

I'm working on a evaluating a big collection at the moment for a third party. It includes a TON of limited edition Zenescope comics, mostly from the 2015 to 2020 period.  I'm looking at tens of thousands of dollars spent on editions limited to 100, 150, 250 or 350 copies.

Is there someone here who knows the Zenescope market better than I do? Because these books are typically scarce, it's hard to find sales data.

I know that there will always be examples of SOME books that do well, but GENERALLY what conclusions can we draw about value?

Oh, and trust me, I've already made all the good jokes about Zenescope covers...

Not really. There's always exceptions, but there's nothing that makes then stand out over the test of time. Most of their runs are low printings because that's what's the market demand is. That being said, you likely wouldn't have too much trouble moving them on Ebay or a Facebook fan group.

Hold their value, no. Still have value, yes.

There is always a pretty active aftermarket for these, but the sales are going to be significantly lower than purchase cost. As long as they are NM your older Zenoscope books 2015-16 will have no problem selling. As stated above if listed on Ebay (or send them to Mycomicshop) and as long as you are realistic with price you shouldn't have much to worry about movement wise.