• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Collector's Journey
2 2

41 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2024 at 3:23 AM, thehumantorch said:

You have good taste.  Here's a few threads dedicated to GA artists.  There's pretty well a thread devoted to every major artist and publisher and there's a lot of information here if you start digging.

I was in Greece for holidays about 10 years ago.  Really liked Crete.

this is really helpful!thanks again!!!

On 2/12/2024 at 9:17 PM, Badger said:

You have excellent taste in comics! Welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your collection. I'm 55 years old and we have people here from 18 and into their late 80s. If you don't mind sharing, how old are you? GA collectors tend towards the older ages if only due to the cost of GA. It's easier to afford later in life it seems. but for most, never easy! lol

Here are a few representative books of my favorites

fc_159_CGC_Front.thumb.jpg.40005688452aba833c7e808bb8de9edb.jpgAS4_CGC_Front_Crippen_D_Copy.jpg.0232f3276f6953e8add450b429d141bc.jpgmillie17_cgc_front.thumb.jpg.264592a92438810375b043342fcc78a3.jpgca32_CGC_Front.jpg.02af6d4597c05c6e7980e9c1294af6a9.jpgWhiz_Comics_4_Front.thumb.jpg.c702b535426757f1543b6943277dd2c7.jpg

These are some nice comics! i think that whiz comics have many undervalued covers.

im 33y, not too young not too old!as a collector im one year old,i start to collect some modern age bookes, like ultimate fallout 4, but i found that golden age era is for me.

i hope to live enough, so i have the chance to get some of my favourite covers. at least the ones that are still in reach...my only regret is that i didnt discover this amazing hobby earlier.

On 2/12/2024 at 1:52 PM, makis said:

These are some nice comics! i think that whiz comics have many undervalued covers.

im 33y, not too young not too old!as a collector im one year old,i start to collect some modern age bookes, like ultimate fallout 4, but i found that golden age era is for me.

i hope to live enough, so i have the chance to get some of my favourite covers. at least the ones that are still in reach...my only regret is that i didnt discover this amazing hobby earlier.

33 is a fantastic age to start and I agree, Whiz is a very underrated title.

Hi makis. Welcome aboard. I  never seen this Detective Comics 118 cover before, it's a nice cover. By some uncanny reason, Batman always had a few "cards covers", unlike most famous characters.

P.S: In case you have golden Greek books, feel free to post!

On 2/12/2024 at 1:52 PM, makis said:

Welcome to a remarkable diverse community!

Edited by Ltpink2002

On 2/12/2024 at 12:52 PM, makis said:

What you need is a road trip to a large comic show in the USA.  A room full of glorious GA books and a chance to hang out with boardies...

On 2/24/2024 at 11:01 PM, thehumantorch said:

What you need is a road trip to a large comic show in the USA.  A room full of glorious GA books and a chance to hang out with boardies...

a dream goal for me!