• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefeld is retiring
4 4

89 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2024 at 2:38 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I cannot imagine paying that much for any artist's autograph.

I also didn't know that people existed who like 90s comic book art, so I learned a couple of new things today.

The 'chisel' signature is the more recognizable version of his scribble 'R' autograph. Normally, I don't like my artwork 'autographed' but if I could have him sign the piece the way he signs his original covers, I'd do it. Is it worth $250? Probably not - but the towel bars that match my faucet fixtures in my bathrooms were $250 - sometimes you have to pay the price to complete the whole look.

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 2/8/2024 at 2:08 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I just waiting for his bad girl Avengelyne movie. I got 100 copies. I ready to cash in . Lol

Man, I wish they would revisit that content for a new take on the genre for TV. Lady Death and Darkchylde's premises could be reworked for interesting TV. If the CW wanted to bring back Sam and Dean, they could cross them over with Avengelyne. As much as I hate to suggest it, but Dawn could easily host a horror anthology along the lines of existing Cry For Dawn stories. Bring in Hari Kari or Shi for some crime-centric Asian-inspired stories. Want to make American Horror Story look like Captain Kangaroo? Develop a show with Everette Hartsoe's Razor. 

Buy the properties cheap and spend the money on the creative tooling and solid acting - poof - a whole new genre of comic-based entertainment.

On 2/8/2024 at 6:42 PM, 1Cool said:

I honestly thought he had retired awhile ago.  Is he still drawing Deadpool books?

I had seen a few recent covers that looked like his, but I thought he was mostly doing signings (shrug)

Which is what I thought this was mainly about, although sounds doubtful given ability and or prospects. He just summed up a signing around Dec, and other than offering a special over worked "chisel" signature (that admittedly looks pretty sometimes), that he might just be getting off the hype of being in rotation.

He might have a clear image (pun?) Of how much he's able to continue, atm

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

And never (or almost never) work for DC, thanks god! Can you imagine how could look this big torso batmanlol

On 2/9/2024 at 12:31 PM, 666-6666 said:

Stole everything from Deathstroke you mean 😆 

https://batman-news.com/2016/09/02/deathstroke-deadpool-rip-off-rob-liefeld/

If you haven't seen Rob berate his fans live on Whatnot, you guys should check it out 😆

God... this video is hilarious:roflmao:

On 2/9/2024 at 9:03 AM, BA773 said:

And never (or almost never) work for DC, thanks god! Can you imagine how could look this big torso batmanlol

In the late 80s, when he was at DC, that would've been interesting to see as an extension of the style he used and work he did on the Hawk and Dove mini-series.  Tonally, from your post, I suspect you think it would've been nightmare fuel, but, it might possibly actually have worked in those early days.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/9/2024 at 7:11 AM, lostboys said:

Atrocious? ...a bit harsh, no?

For the record, I said ":censored:ing atrocious." 

Edited by newshane

On 2/9/2024 at 6:31 AM, 666-6666 said:

Stole everything from Deathstroke you mean 😆 

Well, no, I simply meant that both Cable and Deadpool had writers that were also involved in their introduction. The link you provided even said the same in regards to Deadpool,

"Deadpool was created by Rob Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza in the early 90s, while Deathstroke has been around since 1980. When Liefeld sent his co-creator his first designs of Deadpool, Nicieza replied “This is Deathstroke from the Teen Titans.”"

In the case of Cable, the writer was Louise Simonson.

On 2/9/2024 at 2:32 PM, 666-6666 said:
On 2/9/2024 at 2:21 PM, ttfitz said:

. When Liefeld sent his co-creator his first designs of Deadpool, Nicieza replied “This is Deathstroke from the Teen Titans.

Rob's response:

Funny, I thought of that exact thing while watching the video with his "5 things different" defense.

On 2/9/2024 at 4:17 PM, 666-6666 said:

If he had money why did he embezzle money, use Image money to pay his Awesome artists, and perpetrate his Kickstsrter fraud??

I have no side in the fight. Just thought it was interesting that Alan Moore one of the greatest comic book writers worked for Rob Liefeld and was paid like close to upmost $50,000 a month. Not a year a month. Too me that is mind boggling. Of course it wouldn't happen today. That was the 1990's. 

Just find it interesting Alan Moore of Watchmen worked for a dude who couldn't draw feet. Lol.