• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would this be considered an Error card?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hello, thank you for your time. I am not a big sports card collector but came across this. Would this be considered an error card? Look at his name getting covered and logo off center. 

thumbnail_IMG_1805.png

• Administrator

Hello @MJULIAN

Thank you for reaching out to us. While TCG cards can be evaluated for errors and there is a collecting interest in TCG error cards, we do not offer error designations for sports cards. If you submit sports cards with printing errors, they will not receive a special designation and the error will factor into the final grade. 

if you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 2/12/2024 at 3:42 PM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @MJULIAN

Thank you for reaching out to us. While TCG cards can be evaluated for errors and there is a collecting interest in TCG error cards, we do not offer error designations for sports cards. If you submit sports cards with printing errors, they will not receive a special designation and the error will factor into the final grade. 

if you have any other questions, please let us know. 

@NickiO CS Hello Nicki, not to hijack a thread but I would offer a contradicting opinion and state that there is definitely a collecting interest in Sports Card error cards.  From the various Billy Ripken errors, Frank Thomas no name error, Mickey Mantle name in white and so on and so on.  If CGC offers error designations for TCG cards it shouldn't be that much of a lift to offer it for sports cards and a service\benefit that CGC can offer its collector base.

Agree with TwoYewts.

I like the rarity of insufficient ink, misaligned foil, no foil, etc (they're all errors). Print dots are not my thing though. Holding a stack of error cards in most of the sports and itching to get some graded but if I can not get the labels I want for my cash, they will go in the holders that bring me the most value for my money. 

CSG has already labeled embossing errors, Randy Johnson and others as far as I know.  What's the big deal...

Edited by <error>