• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanical Errors and Why they suck
1 1

5 posts in this topic

My original slab cert # 2690447001 was a Wolverine # 50 graded at a 9.8 signed by Roy Thomas. 

I took it to Megacon 2024 and had it cracked by a cgc personel. They put it in their little clear bag and took it to get it signed by Marc Silvestri.

After I turned everything in, filled out the paper work etc...i recieve in the mail (about a week later, great turn around time) my new slab. Cert # 4382725001. Now graded at a 9.6... whatever, degrading sucks.

HOWEVER, the yellow label only has Marc Silvestri's name on the label and NOT Roy Thomas. I went ahead and did the "mechanical Error " return packing slip. 

My concern(s) / question(s) are. .. Will CGC honor the fact that they messed up and forgot to put Roy Thomas name on the label?? or will i now receive a green label because they might not be able to verify it? Does CGC have records of my old cert#?

Also due to this issue...would i be able to get my 9.8 grading back?

Thanks 

• Administrator

Hello @Vicky Heredia,

Thanks for contacting us! This will still be able to receive the missing signature information. Please note, because the original signature was missed, we will need to do some additional investigation internally to have this reviewed and added back. Because of this, you may see a longer turnaround time for this ME than normal. Rest assured we will get this corrected for you. Please be sure to include a full explanation of what took place in this case for our SS team to review. This will assist in expediting the review.

Regards, 

fwiw @Vicky Heredia I had this happen recently - I submitted an SS book with a prior sig to a facilitator for a 2nd sig, and only the 2nd sig was shown on the label once I had it back in hand - I submitted for an ME and CGC fixed the label w/o issue.

On 2/14/2024 at 9:12 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Vicky Heredia,

Thanks for contacting us! This will still be able to receive the missing signature information. Please note, because the original signature was missed, we will need to do some additional investigation internally to have this reviewed and added back. Because of this, you may see a longer turnaround time for this ME than normal. Rest assured we will get this corrected for you. Please be sure to include a full explanation of what took place in this case for our SS team to review. This will assist in expediting the review.

Regards, 

All the information was placed on the packing slip wiith as much information i could write given it only gave me i believe 50 characters to write. the rest i wrote in pen with hopes this gets resolved. The book may not be worth much but it is very important to be and holds a lot of personal value. I'm really hoping CGC can get this resolved as I am always sending books in to CGC and have never experienced this issue. This was something that I brought up at Megacon to the person who was going over my order and I asked them to please make sure both names are on the label though only Marc Silvestri was signed that date (2/24)  . Thank you for the reply.

Hoping It gets fixed and it still comes back with the wolverine label as well, if not then i guess i'll have to open another case to get my money back for that too. 

Thanks