• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I am new to this and was looking at the submission criteria, and realized that I don't know how high the grading will be before I submit my comic. 

Therefore, if I send in a comic that I guess might be under 400 value, and it turns out to be in the up to $1000 range, will I get a chance to

pay the difference, or do I have a problem ?

• Administrator

Hello @iching07,

Thank you for contacting us. Grading fees will vary depending on the grading tier you choose. There is no one set grading fee for everything. All the grading fees options can be viewed at here CGC Services & Fees | CGC (cgccomics.com).

Choose a grading tier based on the declared insurance value you list for your book.  Each tier has a maximum declared value amount that can be listed per book to qualify for that tier.  If a book value exceeds that maximum, then a higher tier must be selected. The higher the value of your book the higher the grading fee.  

The value we ask for is an insurance value, the amount you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if the book was lost or damaged. We encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse if it has been over-valued. If a book were grossly under-valued, we would contact you to bump the book to a higher grading tier and you would just pay the difference in the grading fees at that time. 

The declared value amount will also directly affect the return shipping fees for registered mail.  You can find the return shipping fees online at Shipping Your Collectibles To / From CGC.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you!