• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F.F. #100 ???
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Going over this book this morning, I noticed on the inside front cover, top border, two small water spots/stains. :frustrated:

They look worse in the pic, and are actually hard to see in hand.

Book has great gloss and the feel of a new book. Light non breaking bends on the back cover.

F.F. 100 1.jpg

F.F. 100 2.jpg

F.F. 100 3.jpg

F.F. 100 4.jpg

F.F. 100 5.jpg

F.F. 100 6.jpg

Edited by DR.X

Water stains are treated harshly.  In this case, I'd expect an otherwise perfect book to get a 8.5/9.0 grade.  Since other light/minor defects are visible, I think 7.5 is the highest I would expect.

My strategy as a seller would be to fully disclose the defects, suggest the 7.5 grade, and price at the 6.0 price point.  It will sell.  And my conscience would be clear.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:51 AM, scburdet said:

6.0/6.5. Always anticipate a worse grade from CGC than you think when analyzing stains

I'm in the 6.5 ball park also. These spots are there, but actually tough to see  unless you really look. Regardless , they are there.